This time it seems ATI has done it right. RS300 was simply a first time rush to get its chipset on the market to compete for some XBox2 replacements; however, it has evolved into a bit more of a power house than originally thought.
When RS300's results turned up less than stellar, confidence in the ATI chipset certainly didn't go up, however, a simple update to the memory controller has given the RS350 a great competitive edge, and shows its ready to replace its predecessor.
The RX330 is definitely one to look out for. Its speed and hardware support show it to be a chipset with a future, and possibly one that might make it into the overclocking realms. What is needed is a partner to take the RX330 on head first and look into some serious overclocking tasks.
The addition ATI has made also with the IXP300 has also swayed a more favorable vote to the ATI chipset. IXP200 simply didn't have the ability to compete. When released Intel already had ICH5, VIA with VT8237 and SiS with 964, all supporting Serial ATA, IXP200 simply had nothing to offer. IXP300 brings Serial ATA to the ATI ranks and is a welcome addition.
Overall we have seen ATI put in a gallant effort, and should be commended for acting quickly to put the RS300 scores to shame with its newest chipset to market
The RX330 Chipset gets TweakTown's Editor Choice Award for a fantastic effort.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti