This time it seems ATI has done it right. RS300 was simply a first time rush to get its chipset on the market to compete for some XBox2 replacements; however, it has evolved into a bit more of a power house than originally thought.
When RS300's results turned up less than stellar, confidence in the ATI chipset certainly didn't go up, however, a simple update to the memory controller has given the RS350 a great competitive edge, and shows its ready to replace its predecessor.
The RX330 is definitely one to look out for. Its speed and hardware support show it to be a chipset with a future, and possibly one that might make it into the overclocking realms. What is needed is a partner to take the RX330 on head first and look into some serious overclocking tasks.
The addition ATI has made also with the IXP300 has also swayed a more favorable vote to the ATI chipset. IXP200 simply didn't have the ability to compete. When released Intel already had ICH5, VIA with VT8237 and SiS with 964, all supporting Serial ATA, IXP200 simply had nothing to offer. IXP300 brings Serial ATA to the ATI ranks and is a welcome addition.
Overall we have seen ATI put in a gallant effort, and should be commended for acting quickly to put the RS300 scores to shame with its newest chipset to market
The RX330 Chipset gets TweakTown's Editor Choice Award for a fantastic effort.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now