This time it seems ATI has done it right. RS300 was simply a first time rush to get its chipset on the market to compete for some XBox2 replacements; however, it has evolved into a bit more of a power house than originally thought.
When RS300's results turned up less than stellar, confidence in the ATI chipset certainly didn't go up, however, a simple update to the memory controller has given the RS350 a great competitive edge, and shows its ready to replace its predecessor.
The RX330 is definitely one to look out for. Its speed and hardware support show it to be a chipset with a future, and possibly one that might make it into the overclocking realms. What is needed is a partner to take the RX330 on head first and look into some serious overclocking tasks.
The addition ATI has made also with the IXP300 has also swayed a more favorable vote to the ATI chipset. IXP200 simply didn't have the ability to compete. When released Intel already had ICH5, VIA with VT8237 and SiS with 964, all supporting Serial ATA, IXP200 simply had nothing to offer. IXP300 brings Serial ATA to the ATI ranks and is a welcome addition.
Overall we have seen ATI put in a gallant effort, and should be commended for acting quickly to put the RS300 scores to shame with its newest chipset to market
The RX330 Chipset gets TweakTown's Editor Choice Award for a fantastic effort.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017