This time it seems ATI has done it right. RS300 was simply a first time rush to get its chipset on the market to compete for some XBox2 replacements; however, it has evolved into a bit more of a power house than originally thought.
When RS300's results turned up less than stellar, confidence in the ATI chipset certainly didn't go up, however, a simple update to the memory controller has given the RS350 a great competitive edge, and shows its ready to replace its predecessor.
The RX330 is definitely one to look out for. Its speed and hardware support show it to be a chipset with a future, and possibly one that might make it into the overclocking realms. What is needed is a partner to take the RX330 on head first and look into some serious overclocking tasks.
The addition ATI has made also with the IXP300 has also swayed a more favorable vote to the ATI chipset. IXP200 simply didn't have the ability to compete. When released Intel already had ICH5, VIA with VT8237 and SiS with 964, all supporting Serial ATA, IXP200 simply had nothing to offer. IXP300 brings Serial ATA to the ATI ranks and is a welcome addition.
Overall we have seen ATI put in a gallant effort, and should be commended for acting quickly to put the RS300 scores to shame with its newest chipset to market
The RX330 Chipset gets TweakTown's Editor Choice Award for a fantastic effort.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand