This time it seems ATI has done it right. RS300 was simply a first time rush to get its chipset on the market to compete for some XBox2 replacements; however, it has evolved into a bit more of a power house than originally thought.
When RS300's results turned up less than stellar, confidence in the ATI chipset certainly didn't go up, however, a simple update to the memory controller has given the RS350 a great competitive edge, and shows its ready to replace its predecessor.
The RX330 is definitely one to look out for. Its speed and hardware support show it to be a chipset with a future, and possibly one that might make it into the overclocking realms. What is needed is a partner to take the RX330 on head first and look into some serious overclocking tasks.
The addition ATI has made also with the IXP300 has also swayed a more favorable vote to the ATI chipset. IXP200 simply didn't have the ability to compete. When released Intel already had ICH5, VIA with VT8237 and SiS with 964, all supporting Serial ATA, IXP200 simply had nothing to offer. IXP300 brings Serial ATA to the ATI ranks and is a welcome addition.
Overall we have seen ATI put in a gallant effort, and should be commended for acting quickly to put the RS300 scores to shame with its newest chipset to market
The RX330 Chipset gets TweakTown's Editor Choice Award for a fantastic effort.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99