We did not want to mess around with clocking the system and take the chance of destroying goods that are not ours to be a bit careless with, but we feel the 4.4GHz speed of the 4790K when the turbo is applied to be sufficient. Testing with AIDA64 and their system stability test software, you can see we ran things long enough to allow the temperatures to level out with a maximum of 72 degrees with a 23.5 degree ambient. The CPU VCORE is a bit high at 1.266V and explains some of the extra heat. We do however like that we are able to get real cooling inside of this chassis rather than that tiny Zalman cooler we got stuck using in our original testing.
Without any other testing of the 4790K, we would hate to see what this chip does to an air cooler, but for the amount of noise and little effort that goes into assembling a kit such as this, we feel the ends definitely justify the work needed to get to this point in cooling inside of the D-Frame Mini.
Noise Level Results
The pump was allowed to spin at 4770 RPM as the screenshot above plainly displays, and after a lot of the air gurgling has stopped from the bleeding process, we still found the pump to deliver 35 dB of noise to the environment. As for the pair of Vadar fans under it, they were only running at 713 RPM and helps to explain a bit of that extra heat, and why the fans are not able to be heard over the rest of the system.
- You can buy the EK EK-KIT D240 (In Win D-Frame Mini drop-in) Water Cooling Kit and In Win D-Frame mini in black, orange or red at Scorptec Computers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [INWIN D-Frame Mini and EK-Kit D240]
- Page 3 [A Tour Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD