As with the MSI motherboard, there was nothing out of the ordinary when it came to installing the board. Besides the issue of the placement of the secondary IDE port, everything went very smoothly during the install process.
As a side note to those who are using a SATA device for the first time, remember to use the included floppy disk when installing the OS. When it prompts you to hit the F6 key to install a RAID or SCSI adapter, do so. It will continue to load the base files for the installation and then take you to a special screen that allows you to load the necessary drivers for your SATA ports. From there installation of Windows goes on normally.
Though the layout is a bit different, you will have nearly the same abilities to adjust voltages and memory speeds as you do with the MSI board. Since the motherboard is based on the VIA K8T800 Pro chipset, you have the ability to lock the AGP/PCI speeds at a set level so your peripherals won't get in the way of your overclocking.
As far as memory settings go, you have a bit more in the line of options than on the MSI board. Simply set the Timings Selectable to "Manual" and you have full access to all sorts of tweaking tools. Just make sure to locate the CMOS Reset jumper before you start since it will likely get a workout during this phase of the setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 2 [MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 3 [MSI In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 4 [MSI Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 5 [MSI Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 6 [MSI Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 7 [MSI Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 8 [ABIT AV8 3rd Eye]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 9 [ABIT In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 10 [ABIT Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 11 [ABIT Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 12 [ABIT Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 13 [ABIT Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 17 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 18 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 19 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH 2003]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 20 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 21 [Benchmarks - Quake III]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 22 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 23 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 24 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system