Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 560 3.6GHz (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Motherboard: MSI 915P Combo (Supplied by MSI)
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB SATA (RAID 0)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.77 and DX9c
We used the MSI 915P Combo for two major reasons:
1) It has both DDR and DDR-2 memory sockets, allowing us to keep the platform unchanged in regards to graphics cards, CPU and the like
2) Its overclocking was much higher than any other dual memory motherboard available
On the settings side, we set the BIOS to run the memory at default timings by the SPD and at their maximum rated, so DDR was at 400MHz and DDR-2 was at 533MHz.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
While these are synthetic benchmarks, we can see that DDR has now reached its limits. At default speeds DDR-2 is much faster than DDR, however, when overclocking the latencies of DDR-2 start to take its toll - though in front, it is only just.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4