Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 560 3.6GHz (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Motherboard: MSI 915P Combo (Supplied by MSI)
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB SATA (RAID 0)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.77 and DX9c
We used the MSI 915P Combo for two major reasons:
1) It has both DDR and DDR-2 memory sockets, allowing us to keep the platform unchanged in regards to graphics cards, CPU and the like
2) Its overclocking was much higher than any other dual memory motherboard available
On the settings side, we set the BIOS to run the memory at default timings by the SPD and at their maximum rated, so DDR was at 400MHz and DDR-2 was at 533MHz.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
While these are synthetic benchmarks, we can see that DDR has now reached its limits. At default speeds DDR-2 is much faster than DDR, however, when overclocking the latencies of DDR-2 start to take its toll - though in front, it is only just.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti