Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 560 3.6GHz (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Motherboard: MSI 915P Combo (Supplied by MSI)
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB SATA (RAID 0)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.77 and DX9c
We used the MSI 915P Combo for two major reasons:
1) It has both DDR and DDR-2 memory sockets, allowing us to keep the platform unchanged in regards to graphics cards, CPU and the like
2) Its overclocking was much higher than any other dual memory motherboard available
On the settings side, we set the BIOS to run the memory at default timings by the SPD and at their maximum rated, so DDR was at 400MHz and DDR-2 was at 533MHz.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
While these are synthetic benchmarks, we can see that DDR has now reached its limits. At default speeds DDR-2 is much faster than DDR, however, when overclocking the latencies of DDR-2 start to take its toll - though in front, it is only just.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now