Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest
The second game test in 3DMark05 takes you on a third person view of a magic firefly which is lit up in green, flying its way through the forest which includes a vast amount of trees with branches that move independently, along with some very impressive ground detail. The light source is the almost full moon which spreads light through the forest very realistically and produces quite an amazing and highly effective result.
The Firefly Forest scene is quite magical and nothing like we have ever seen before. It is amazing to think that this game test is not pre-recorded and that the GPU is rendering the scene on the fly.
Much like the first game test, the Firefly Forest test provides a good representation of an outdoor scene with a great deal of detail, which also pushes the GPU to the limit and should provide a solid representation of the type of performance you'll see in upcoming games with outdoor scenes including plenty of detail on tap.
Find the lowest price on Graphics Cards!
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Super Bowl will be a 'no drone zone' on Sunday for the big game
- Beverly Hills professional gaming house - living the dream
- Banned canadian CS:GO professional Joshua 'steel' Nissan speaks up
- iBUYPOWER have announced they will continue to support CS:GO
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 may be almost completely free of bloatware
- Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD Review
- PCI-E 3.0 and ASRock OC Formula
- Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review
- asrock z77 extreme4 locks up within 8 minutes of startup under "0" load
- EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Review
- Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows
- NVIDIA Releases the GeForce 347.25 WHQL Game Ready Driver
- ZOTAC Freezes the GeForce GTX 960 Series Graphics Card
- Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
- Point of View Announces the GeForce GTX 960 TROOPER