Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest
The second game test in 3DMark05 takes you on a third person view of a magic firefly which is lit up in green, flying its way through the forest which includes a vast amount of trees with branches that move independently, along with some very impressive ground detail. The light source is the almost full moon which spreads light through the forest very realistically and produces quite an amazing and highly effective result.
The Firefly Forest scene is quite magical and nothing like we have ever seen before. It is amazing to think that this game test is not pre-recorded and that the GPU is rendering the scene on the fly.
Much like the first game test, the Firefly Forest test provides a good representation of an outdoor scene with a great deal of detail, which also pushes the GPU to the limit and should provide a solid representation of the type of performance you'll see in upcoming games with outdoor scenes including plenty of detail on tap.
Find the lowest price on Graphics Cards!
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Attacks against mobile still lower than desktop, but threats rising
- United Airlines rolls out support for Google Android mobile devices
- Sony denies its PlayStation Network was hacked, but will watch closely
- Bad year for cybersecurity, consumers, but security industry booming
- Introducing the Purefresh odor-eating toilet seat from Kohler
- D-Link DCS-2210 Full HD PoE Day/Night IP Network Camera Review
- Mediasonic - Website / Forums "being updated"
- AsRock Z77E-ITX Southbridge strange behaviour: noise instead of sound
- Corsair Releases Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket
- NVIDIA Unveils Tesla K80 Dual-Chip Compute Accelerator
- New EKWB Water Block Available for GIGABYTE X99 Motherboards
- ASRock Unveils the X99 Extreme11 Motherboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces the G751 Gaming Laptop