Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest
The second game test in 3DMark05 takes you on a third person view of a magic firefly which is lit up in green, flying its way through the forest which includes a vast amount of trees with branches that move independently, along with some very impressive ground detail. The light source is the almost full moon which spreads light through the forest very realistically and produces quite an amazing and highly effective result.
The Firefly Forest scene is quite magical and nothing like we have ever seen before. It is amazing to think that this game test is not pre-recorded and that the GPU is rendering the scene on the fly.
Much like the first game test, the Firefly Forest test provides a good representation of an outdoor scene with a great deal of detail, which also pushes the GPU to the limit and should provide a solid representation of the type of performance you'll see in upcoming games with outdoor scenes including plenty of detail on tap.
Find the lowest price on Graphics Cards!
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest Tech News Posts
- Microsoft posts record revenue, Surface sales are helping, a lot
- Netflix announces three new original series for 2015
- 3D Realms offers up the delicious 32-bit 3D Realms Anthology for $20
- SandForce 2.0 - Tidal Systems Takes Shape
- LG unveils its new 8-core 'NUCLUN' processor, new G3 Screen smartphone
- some questions about Z97 board
- Transcend ESD400 Portable USB 3.0 SSD Review
- GA-Z87X-OC randomly reboots
- Asrock H87 Pro4 throttling when overclocking
- Samsung XS1715 1.6TB 2.5-inch NVMe PCIe Enterprise SSD Review
- ASRock Unveils the X99 Extreme11 Motherboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces the G751 Gaming Laptop
- Turtle Beach XO ONE Gaming Headset Now Available in Stores
- Eurocom Launches M5 Pro Ultra HD Notebook
- Shuttle Announces High-resolution Triple-display Slim PC