Game Test 2 - Firefly Forest
The second game test in 3DMark05 takes you on a third person view of a magic firefly which is lit up in green, flying its way through the forest which includes a vast amount of trees with branches that move independently, along with some very impressive ground detail. The light source is the almost full moon which spreads light through the forest very realistically and produces quite an amazing and highly effective result.
The Firefly Forest scene is quite magical and nothing like we have ever seen before. It is amazing to think that this game test is not pre-recorded and that the GPU is rendering the scene on the fly.
Much like the first game test, the Firefly Forest test provides a good representation of an outdoor scene with a great deal of detail, which also pushes the GPU to the limit and should provide a solid representation of the type of performance you'll see in upcoming games with outdoor scenes including plenty of detail on tap.
Find the lowest price on Graphics Cards!
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest Tech News Posts
- Next Bond film begins shooting in December, script overhauled
- Apple quietly retires iPod classic
- U.S. military seeking technologies able to dodge missiles
- Oculus VR CEO donates $31 million to a University for a VR lab
- Rockstar reveals launch dates for GTA V, PC version delayed to 2015
- Gigabyte 280x Rev2 artifacting
- Into the Storm (2014) Cinema Movie Review
- Hard Drive Vibrations
- Asus X200CA Networking question
- very bad OC z97m-dh3 + pentium g3258
- Netgear Announces New Nighthawk X4 R7500 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Lian Li Announces the PC-V1000L Full Tower Chassis
- EIZO Announces New 19-inch and 26-inch DuraVision Monitors
- LG to Unveil World's First 21:9 Curved IPS Monitor at IFA 2014
- BIOSTAR Announces the J1800TH Mini-ITX System-On-Chip Solution