Image Quality Investigation
Okay, we've seen performance increases from 8% up to 26% so far through ATI's clearly new and smart way of processing 3D graphics. Surely though this comes at a price? We fired up Doom 3 using a custom timedemo with A.I. on and off in both Normal Quality (0x AA and 8x AF) and High Quality (6x AA and 16x AF) to see if we could notice any image quality reductions.
The images below are all compressed JPG (although only 1% compressed) and as a result do not 100% accurately represent actual in-game quality - please keep this in mind when looking at the screenshots.
You can click on each image below for the full 1600 x 1200 version which will make it easier to check the differences, if any.
A.I. OFF - Normal Quality
A.I. ON - Normal Quality
A.I. OFF - High Quality
A.I. ON - High Quality
I am hard pressed to notice much difference in image quality. However, I'll be the first to admit I don't have as good a trained eye compared to many other people.
Having said that though, it would seem apparent that image quality reduction is not an issue with CATALYST A.I. - I zoomed in on the screenshots with Paint Shop Pro and failed to notice any difference. It's important to keep thing in prospective here as it's not like you are going to examine every single texture in extreme detail as I did when you are busy fragging your opponent.
Bottom line on this subject, CATALYST A.I. improves performs without compromising image quality as promised in the press material from ATI. And I'll say it again, Free performance...we love that kind of thing!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- Capcom says fans should 'stay tuned' for news on Resident Evil 7
- iPhone 6S chipgate: TSMC's CPU has better battery and core performance
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent