CS Source BETA
Valve recently released the CS Source BETA to owners of Radeon graphics cards with the HL2 download voucher. CS Source BETA uses the same engine which Half Life 2 will use once it is released.
Under the upcoming Half Life 2 engine using CS Source BETA we don't see such a prevalent increase in performance as Doom 3 but we are still seeing almost an 8% increase in performance just from the driver which is quite good nonetheless. Since we were the only player on the map, you may well see a greater increase in performance during action packed multiplayer scenes.
It would be interesting to know exactly how ATI's A.I. algorithms work because we fired up the CS Source BETA "Video Stress Test" and A.I. played no role in this benchmark (there was less than one frame per second difference) as ATI promised in their press material. It's nice to be told the truth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design