CS Source BETA
Valve recently released the CS Source BETA to owners of Radeon graphics cards with the HL2 download voucher. CS Source BETA uses the same engine which Half Life 2 will use once it is released.
Under the upcoming Half Life 2 engine using CS Source BETA we don't see such a prevalent increase in performance as Doom 3 but we are still seeing almost an 8% increase in performance just from the driver which is quite good nonetheless. Since we were the only player on the map, you may well see a greater increase in performance during action packed multiplayer scenes.
It would be interesting to know exactly how ATI's A.I. algorithms work because we fired up the CS Source BETA "Video Stress Test" and A.I. played no role in this benchmark (there was less than one frame per second difference) as ATI promised in their press material. It's nice to be told the truth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017