Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz LGA-775 (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): ABIT AA8 Third Eye (Supplied by ABIT)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon X600XT PCI-E (Supplied by Kingmax Australia)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.8
We set the ABIT AA8 Third Eye motherboard to use SPD timings for each set of modules which is 4-4-4-12 for all modules. Except where overclocked, all modules were set to run at their default of 266MHz (533MHz DDR) while the CPU FSB was set at 200MHz.
We are using our normal array of benchmarks for memory which as you would expect include SiSoft Sandra 2004 SP2 and PCMark 2004, because memory benchmarks are slightly limited we have also chosen to include PCMark 2002.
As far as game synthetics go we are using 3DMark 2001 SE and 2003 as well as Doom 3 and Quake 3 for real world gaming. We have tested in 640 X 480 to remove the GPU influencing scores as at the lower resolution the motherboard chipsets, CPU and memory is tested more. We have also included benchmarks at 1280 X 1024 to give you an idea of real world performance since chances of running a DDR-2 rig and using 640 X 480 is quite slim.
Let's get into the benchmarks!
SiSoft Sandra 2004 SP2
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 SP2 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
You can clearly see here that the Kingmax 1GB, Crucial and Mushkin modules are a little faster then the competition. You can also see the impact of overclocked modules here with it well and truly standing out.
When moving to un-buffered you disable all the optimizations like SSE and get a RAW memory score. In this case you can see the Kingmax 1GB, Crucial and Mushkin kits all consistently faster with overclocked modules not having as big an impact in un-buffered scores.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 2 [Kingmax]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 3 [Crucial]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 4 [TwinMOS]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 6 [Corsair XMS2]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 7 [Kingston ValueRAM]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives