Corsair XMS2 533MHz
Editor Note - We are unsure of exactly which chip the Corsair XMS2 uses but we think it is Micron BGA, the same as the cheaper Value Select series. The heat spreader is actually glued to the chip and we couldn't physically remove it to check for ourselves.
512 Megabytes of DDR-2 memory
Two matched CM2X256-5400C4 modules
Implemented using 32M x 8 DDR-2 SDRAMs
100% tested at 675MHz in high performance DDR-2 motherboards
Legendary Corsair reliability and service
Each module pair is tested together in an Intel-based motherboard at 675MHz
Tested and packaged in pairs
Packaged together immediately following system test
Tested at the low latencies of (4-4-4-12) at 2.0V
SPD programmed at 4-4-4-12 values
- The Packaging
Corsair has included their modules in a blister like pack which can be opened with ease. It is not a bad package and is designed so you can hang it off shelving.
- The Modules
As you can see these modules are labeled as XMS or in this case "XMS2" for the DDR-2 series of memory. The XMS from Corsair has always let the user know that they are getting the fastest clocked memory in their range.
For Corsair to announce XMS2 there must be something special (low latency, for example) although if you look towards the bottom right of the modules, you will see they are rated at CL4 which is pretty common considering all the sticks here today are rated at that but with the difference being they don't claim to be a special performance type RAM.
Unlike Mushkin, Corsair doesn't utilize a clip like system to secure the heat spreader to the memory (like they have done in the past). When tilting the module to the side all you can see is a mass of thermal paste spread carelessly across the chips which do not give you all that much confidence in the product. Nevertheless, the memory performed fine throughout our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 2 [Kingmax]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 3 [Crucial]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 4 [TwinMOS]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 6 [Corsair XMS2]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 7 [Kingston ValueRAM]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance