Thermaltake are more known for their line of cooling products more than anything. Thermaltake have produced some of, if not the best coolers available for the past 3 years or more. I remember slapping on a Golden Orb to an Intel Celeron 300A socket 370 and pushing 450MHz out of it still to this day. It was by far the best cooler available.
Now Thermaltake has moved one better into power supply units, let's see if their prowess in coolers has moved to the power supply realm.
Thermaltake has gone the quiet route with their Polo PSU. The unit is solid alloy with a single fan design. There is actually no exhaust fan in this one like traditional designs but simply a grated vent at the back.
Unfortunately we weren't able to remove the cover completely to get a photo of the sinks inside the unit, due to some very short wires on the cooler fan. However, the sinks inside aren't as big as the OCZ series, but look to do a rather good job none the less. To keep things cool a fan on the bottom of the PSU draws air from the case to cool the PSU and the vent design simply allow the heat to escape. A 120mm fan running just over 2,000 RPM keeps things cool and very quiet; in fact this fan was barely audible over the rest of the parts in the case.
On cable management, Thermaltake has one of the best available. All the cables are sleeved and coloured differently for each function.
The 20pin ATX has a big black sleeve around it, the 4 pin CPU voltage supply is orange, the SATA power cables are yellow and the molex and FDD are blue. You get two SATA power plugs, nine HDD molex plugs and two FDD plugs which is more than enough for what you are going to put into your PC.
Thermaltake give a spec sheet as follows:
+3.3v Rail: 28A
+5v Rail: 40A
+12v Rail: 18A
-12v Rail: 1A
-5v Rail: 0.3A
+5vSB Rail: 2A
Maximum Rated Output: 410 Watts
Here we see that the 3.3v and 5v rails are the same as the OCZ, however, a huge drop in the 12v rail to only 18A. This is what Intel recommends for its Pentium 4's, however, stick some heavy 12v equipment on this baby and you will see overclocking start to fall.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 2 [OCZ Power Stream 520ADJ]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 3 [Thermaltake Polo12]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 4 [Vantec VAN-350N]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 5 [SilenX 350]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 6 [Coolermaster RS-450-ACLY]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 7 [Coolermaster RS-350-AMSA]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 8 [Testing]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog