Back in my day...
There is currently millions of dollars in prize money being given away spanning multiple titles, countries, tournaments, platforms and events for eSports competitions each year. This is combined with hundreds of different professional gaming teams supporting thousands of full-time gamers in their quests for glory. All of this would be useless without one single thing - the games themselves.
There's something to be said about the passion for eSports titles, it's often as heavy and in-depth as those crazy football fanatics you see on the news, however, there's one major fundamental difference between a gaming title as a sport and 'traditional sport'. Sure, football may have changed some rules over the years, but it's still fundamentally the same game. How much does each and every single game change throughout their releases? It's extremely unlikely that we will see a computer game last hundreds of years - this is both a good and a bad point.
In this article, I will touch on some of the more major points that a game developer must take into account when creating a game with eSports in mind, further linking these points back to current eSport title hits.
If you're sitting there wondering why your favorite game hasn't hit the big stage just yet, this article may be able to shed some light on the situation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now