Drive Details - Crucial MX100 512GB SSD
Crucial packages their MX100 in an attractive blue and silver flip-top box. There is a picture of the drive on the top of the box.
The rear of the box lists the contents, although there is no mention of the included Acronis migration software.
The MX100 512GB ships with a download key for Acronis migration software, and a 7mm to 9.5mm black plastic spacer.
The top of the drive's enclosure is formed from a piece of sheet aluminum. A manufacturer's sticker lists the drive's capacity, shipping firmware, model number, serial number, and other relevant information.
The bottom and sides of the drive's enclosure are formed from a single piece of cast aluminum. There is an attractive blue sticker centered on the bottom face of the drive's enclosure.
Here's what Crucial's MX100 512GB SSD looks like completely disassembled. There is a thermally conductive pad to wick heat from the drive's controller and DRAM package into the thick cast aluminum half of the drive's enclosure.
On this side of the PCB there are eight Micron branded 16nm BGA NAND packages, one DRAM package, a row of small capacitors providing host power-loss protection, and Marvell's newest 88SS9189 Flash Processor.
There are an additional eight NAND packages on the opposite side of the PCB.
Test System Setup
- Array Properties
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive/array as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We are using 64k stripes for our all our three-drive arrays.
Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS; High Performance power plan is enabled in Windows, Write-back caching is enabled via Intel's RST control panel, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 8.1 64-bit for all of our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Array Properties]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni