Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 2004 is the latest instalment to the Unreal Tournament series. The full version of the game is based on DX9 and has faced quite a big make over and is a lot more intensive then its predecessor.
Nothing has changed from the synthetics tests. At 800 X 600 the game is quite playable with most of the cards but when moving to 1024 X 768 you do see the cards separate with some results being playable and others being not so playable.
Doom 3 is the latest game to hit our test lab and is one of the most intensive games to dates. With our own custom time demo we are able to give a realistic rating on what kind of FPS you will be achieving.
For more information on benchmarking Doom 3 we recommend you check out our extensive article regarding it here.
While the graphics cards show similar results to what we have seen throughout all of our benchmarks, you can clearly see that the Radeon 9250 is just not made for Doom 3.
Using Medium Quality was recommended by Doom 3 and you can see that in the lower resolution the GeCube which seems to be consistently faster only gives us an average of 20 FPS. Moving to 1024 X 768 the picture is even worst with us seeing an average of just 14 FPS on the fastest card.
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
Finally we leave with Quake 3 which is the oldest game out of our benchmark suite. With its age you can see that even the 64-bit card is unable to achieve over 100 FPS average. All the cards give playable FPS at both resolutions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017