While some people may have heard of the value-end Radeon 9250 graphics core, we think that it is pretty fair to say that most people wouldn't have. While ATI want to push PCI Express heavily, it seems that they haven't forgotten about entry level AGP graphics cards. Recently a few graphics cores from ATI were discontinued - 9600SE was replaced by 9550 and 9200 was replaced with the 9250 line.
Our friends at ATI sent us a total of six Radeon 9250 graphics cards ranging from memory buses with 64-bit to 128-bit and from Elsa, Powercolor, Gigabyte, GeCube, HIS and Sapphire. We will be putting these cards through their paces but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we won't be benchmarking the four rendering pipeline graphics cards in 1600 X 1200 or with 8 X AA and 16 X AF - sub $100 US graphics cards are just not designed to do this type of thing. We'll numb things down a long way and see how they stand up.
We will give you a quick run down on the new Radeon 9250 core from ATI which replaces the 9200 and then provide a quick look at the six cards before we get into some benchmarking.
Let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league