While some people may have heard of the value-end Radeon 9250 graphics core, we think that it is pretty fair to say that most people wouldn't have. While ATI want to push PCI Express heavily, it seems that they haven't forgotten about entry level AGP graphics cards. Recently a few graphics cores from ATI were discontinued - 9600SE was replaced by 9550 and 9200 was replaced with the 9250 line.
Our friends at ATI sent us a total of six Radeon 9250 graphics cards ranging from memory buses with 64-bit to 128-bit and from Elsa, Powercolor, Gigabyte, GeCube, HIS and Sapphire. We will be putting these cards through their paces but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we won't be benchmarking the four rendering pipeline graphics cards in 1600 X 1200 or with 8 X AA and 16 X AF - sub $100 US graphics cards are just not designed to do this type of thing. We'll numb things down a long way and see how they stand up.
We will give you a quick run down on the new Radeon 9250 core from ATI which replaces the 9200 and then provide a quick look at the six cards before we get into some benchmarking.
Let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup