While some people may have heard of the value-end Radeon 9250 graphics core, we think that it is pretty fair to say that most people wouldn't have. While ATI want to push PCI Express heavily, it seems that they haven't forgotten about entry level AGP graphics cards. Recently a few graphics cores from ATI were discontinued - 9600SE was replaced by 9550 and 9200 was replaced with the 9250 line.
Our friends at ATI sent us a total of six Radeon 9250 graphics cards ranging from memory buses with 64-bit to 128-bit and from Elsa, Powercolor, Gigabyte, GeCube, HIS and Sapphire. We will be putting these cards through their paces but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we won't be benchmarking the four rendering pipeline graphics cards in 1600 X 1200 or with 8 X AA and 16 X AF - sub $100 US graphics cards are just not designed to do this type of thing. We'll numb things down a long way and see how they stand up.
We will give you a quick run down on the new Radeon 9250 core from ATI which replaces the 9200 and then provide a quick look at the six cards before we get into some benchmarking.
Let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives