The new ATI CATALYST Control Center is definitely a fresh of breath air and from what we have seen so far should prove to be very popular and welcomed among all groups of computers users. It should go a long way to helping ATI's position against nVidia as they both continue to battle it out anyway they can with brilliant products coming out of both companies. It's you guys who have forced this fierce competition and the result is great rewards such as the free CATALYST Control Center software.
As far as actual setting options go, you don't have any extra to play with than what you have been used to with the regular Windows graphics driver control panel from ATI. However, there is no denying that the new CATALYST Control Center enables you to change these settings with an exciting and renewed user interface which is refreshing and enjoyable to use. It's also easier for new computer users to start fiddling around with the 3D settings of their Radeon graphics card from the beginning with thanks to the innovative preview screen which shows the differences in 3D settings in real-time along with the fact you no longer need to know which type of API that your favorite games use.
If you are a computer supplier (be it manufacturer, retailers or whatever) you have the option of branding the CATALYST Control Center through the freely available SDK with your logos and so forth, you can even skin the control center however you wish. It can even be enhanced further by adding in plugins and utilities and so forth which will come in the near future.
Basically with the new ATI CATALYST Control Center we have a refreshing, exciting, innovative and versatile graphics card driver control panel which should really scare the blazes out of nVidia. It is far more superior to the aging nVidia driver control panel and if nVidia don't develop something similar they will likely get left behind in this department.
In our opinion, up until now nVidia has always had a better drive control panel with more options but this has all been blasted out the window with the release of the CATALYST Control Center by ATI. The only downside at the moment is the fact that graphics cards under the R3XX and R4XX range are not supported at this stage but will be fixed soon. You can even revert back to the previous control panel by uninstalling the control center if you don't happen to like it.
A job well done ATI - what will nVidia come up with now? Fun times!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20