Taking a closer look continued
Most recent Radeon graphics cards come with hardware monitoring which checks temperatures. Using the hardware monitoring, ATI's OVERDRIVE feature allows users to safely enable automatic overclocking which increases the core and memory clocks when needed and based on temperatures, read: while gaming. Nothing on the outside has seemed to change here from the previous version, except a new appearance for the OVERDRIVE section over the regular Windows control panel.
If you look closely you'll notice the POWERPLAY section which we presume holds manual overclocking options. This will likely be enabled with a "secret" registry code much like the Coolbits for nVidia graphics cards.
To make life a little easier, ATI has implemented a Hotkeys feature which allows users to launch certain profiles (which we will talk about next) with hotkeys.
This section shows how you are able to save profiles of certain 3D configurations and so forth for whatever you may be doing on your computer. The profiles can be enabled via hotkeys, desktop shortcuts and so on. One example where this will be very handy is for users who prefer particular AA and AF levels for certain games.
The next option along the toolbar is the preferences section which allows you to change a bunch of settings including the skin. The control center comes with five skins so you'll have some to choose from when you first download the software from the ATI website if the classic red and black ATI style is not your style.
Further along the toolbar we have the help section which includes the Information Center which holds crucial details such as clock speeds. The included glossary is also very handy for first time users wanting to change 3D settings. More good work from ATI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20