Judging from the slide above, the shift from Haswell to Broadwell based integrated graphics should be more significant than that from SandyBridge to IvyBridge. It also seems like Intel is on target for at least a linear increase in graphics performance, if not an exponential one.
This is what a user who might be ready to upgrade to a new notebook might expect if they are coming from the original Core i5. These improvements come from a five-year improvement in technology.
Here we can see power efficiency improvements, most notably those in the audio and SOC.
We will see many products switch over to the new Core series processors, and Google's Chromebooks are no exception. Intel has positioned Broadwell to be its main architecture for everything from tablets and phones to PCs later this year. Broadwell should bring great improvements in TDP ranges made possible by Intel's 14nm node.
It seems that Intel has proved Moore's Law feasible once again, and by doing so, Intel has made large strides in processor performance and power, as evident with their new 5th Gen Core processor family.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now