Judging from the slide above, the shift from Haswell to Broadwell based integrated graphics should be more significant than that from SandyBridge to IvyBridge. It also seems like Intel is on target for at least a linear increase in graphics performance, if not an exponential one.
This is what a user who might be ready to upgrade to a new notebook might expect if they are coming from the original Core i5. These improvements come from a five-year improvement in technology.
Here we can see power efficiency improvements, most notably those in the audio and SOC.
We will see many products switch over to the new Core series processors, and Google's Chromebooks are no exception. Intel has positioned Broadwell to be its main architecture for everything from tablets and phones to PCs later this year. Broadwell should bring great improvements in TDP ranges made possible by Intel's 14nm node.
It seems that Intel has proved Moore's Law feasible once again, and by doing so, Intel has made large strides in processor performance and power, as evident with their new 5th Gen Core processor family.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact