Hardware enhancements to the platform include PCH I/O Intelligent Throttling and a Dynamic Power and Thermal Framework which should provide a much more power efficient chipset in the SOC. There are also six ports of PCI-E Gen2 bandwidth for further IO expansion, like M.2 or more USB 3.0 ports. One major area of improvement is in on-die digital signal processor (DSP) which is used to process audio at the digital level.
While Haswell introduced Intel's first dedicated DSP core in the PCH, Broadwell improves upon Haswell's design by supporting Waves/DTS post processing and a cool Wake on Voice feature. It also seems to reduce audio processing power efficiency as we will see shortly.
Intel is also introducing their second generation Wireless 802.11AC 7365 controller. It should feature better throughput, improved reliability and range, and will be in the new M.2 1216 form factor, but will be soldered down. There also seems to be significant power savings with the new generation 802.11AC controller.
Intel is also highlighting their new WiDi v5.1 optimized for 5th Gen Core processors with 4K capabilities coming soon (through a driver update due by the end of January). We reviewed the new Intel WiDi Adapter shown in the slide above, the Mini2. WiDi v5.1 seems to be a needed improvement from my experience with WiDi in the past, to make it a feasible solution for wireless display.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017