All of the admins, owners and CEO's we talked to have a similar vision for their gaming events and similar stories to tell. The bottom line of their vision is to change with the times - seeing things like internet implementation, online presence, social media and marketing become paramount in their business plans and structure.
You should expect LAN parties to continue for years to come, there will always of course be the massive productions like Dreamhack available - boasting over 8,000 Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) players, among other eSports offerings, however, we don't expect to see the smaller players (200-1,000 people) evaporate any time soon.
This is due to a multitude of reasons as you would have read over the last few pages, but there's one thing we haven't mentioned - LANs are fun! As a regular LAN attendee myself and having attended in casual, business and eSports capacities, there is almost nothing better in the gaming scene than meeting your online peers face-to-face and getting to know your communities in a social setting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [LAN parties are still alive and kicking]
- Page 2 [The shaping of LAN culture over the years and how the internet has changed it all for good]
- Page 3 [Finding a suitable venue and issues surrounding this support]
- Page 4 [Growth in attendance and much-needed sponsorship support]
- Page 5 [Continuation of LANs well into the future]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Age of Empires IV announced
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 will debut with the Galaxy S9?
- Sony teases new PlayStation console?
- Final Fantasy XV comes to PC in 2018, NVIDIA optimized
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience