All of the admins, owners and CEO's we talked to have a similar vision for their gaming events and similar stories to tell. The bottom line of their vision is to change with the times - seeing things like internet implementation, online presence, social media and marketing become paramount in their business plans and structure.
You should expect LAN parties to continue for years to come, there will always of course be the massive productions like Dreamhack available - boasting over 8,000 Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) players, among other eSports offerings, however, we don't expect to see the smaller players (200-1,000 people) evaporate any time soon.
This is due to a multitude of reasons as you would have read over the last few pages, but there's one thing we haven't mentioned - LANs are fun! As a regular LAN attendee myself and having attended in casual, business and eSports capacities, there is almost nothing better in the gaming scene than meeting your online peers face-to-face and getting to know your communities in a social setting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [LAN parties are still alive and kicking]
- Page 2 [The shaping of LAN culture over the years and how the internet has changed it all for good]
- Page 3 [Finding a suitable venue and issues surrounding this support]
- Page 4 [Growth in attendance and much-needed sponsorship support]
- Page 5 [Continuation of LANs well into the future]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand