ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
- The Package
While the front of the box from ASUS is extremely plain it is actually very nice and calm. The top left corner of the box shows the main features of the motherboard like Dual RAID, 8 Channel Audio and the fact that it is using the 250GB version of the chipset instead of the standard 250 core which comes without native Gigabit networking support.
The package like the Gigabyte motherboard is quite healthy. Included is load of manuals, USB 2.0, Firewire and game port PCI brackets, four SATA cables and two SATA power converters.
- Motherboard Layout
The ASUS motherboard looks more regular when compared to some of the motherboards we see today. ASUS has decided against multi colored AGP/PCI slots, bright colored memory slots and weird colored IDE ports. It's a very simple looking motherboard with a little blue heatsink.
The Serial ATA layout is extremely similar to the other motherboards that we have here today, except it is nice to see that ASUS has chosen to add an extra two SATA ports to the K8N-E which is powered by a Silicon Image controller chip. This is great for someone who wants an extra bit of storage on their system or down the track. With a total of six Serial ATA drives you could easily have a terabyte of hard drive space. While the K8N-E isn't the most exciting motherboard to look at it, is nice to see that ASUS chose to include the extra SATA ports that other companies decided against.
The ASUS I/O plate is extremely similar to the one found on the MSI motherboard - four USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire port and a network port powered by the 250GB chipset giving native Gigabit networking. We also have our sound ports including RCA/SPIDF and our normal array of com, serial and ps2 ports as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 2 [Gigabyte K8NSNXP]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 3 [MSI K8N Neo Platinum]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 4 [ASUS K8N-E Deluxe]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 5 [Shuttle AN51R]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017