ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
- The Package
While the front of the box from ASUS is extremely plain it is actually very nice and calm. The top left corner of the box shows the main features of the motherboard like Dual RAID, 8 Channel Audio and the fact that it is using the 250GB version of the chipset instead of the standard 250 core which comes without native Gigabit networking support.
The package like the Gigabyte motherboard is quite healthy. Included is load of manuals, USB 2.0, Firewire and game port PCI brackets, four SATA cables and two SATA power converters.
- Motherboard Layout
The ASUS motherboard looks more regular when compared to some of the motherboards we see today. ASUS has decided against multi colored AGP/PCI slots, bright colored memory slots and weird colored IDE ports. It's a very simple looking motherboard with a little blue heatsink.
The Serial ATA layout is extremely similar to the other motherboards that we have here today, except it is nice to see that ASUS has chosen to add an extra two SATA ports to the K8N-E which is powered by a Silicon Image controller chip. This is great for someone who wants an extra bit of storage on their system or down the track. With a total of six Serial ATA drives you could easily have a terabyte of hard drive space. While the K8N-E isn't the most exciting motherboard to look at it, is nice to see that ASUS chose to include the extra SATA ports that other companies decided against.
The ASUS I/O plate is extremely similar to the one found on the MSI motherboard - four USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire port and a network port powered by the 250GB chipset giving native Gigabit networking. We also have our sound ports including RCA/SPIDF and our normal array of com, serial and ps2 ports as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 2 [Gigabyte K8NSNXP]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 3 [MSI K8N Neo Platinum]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 4 [ASUS K8N-E Deluxe]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 5 [Shuttle AN51R]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS