ASUS and MSI have produced what can only be said as probably the best A64 socket 754 motherboards around. The MSI K8N Neo Platinum which we have awarded 9.5 out of 10 and the TweakTown "MUST HAVE" Performance Award would have to be the fastest out of the lot, there is no denying that as the results speak for themselves.
The ASUS K8N-E Deluxe we have given 9 out of 10 since it constantly just trailed behind it with coming just ahead sometimes. From a performance perspective you really couldn't go past either this motherboard or the ASUS. With this said though, when it comes down to the package, it is quite limited and not all that exciting.
The Gigabyte K8NSNXP which received 8.5 out of 10 and our TweakTown "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award has got an excellent bundle happening with their motherboard and if you wanted to use features like the external Serial ATA connectors or dual LAN ports, you couldn't look pass this motherboard. With DPS2, the motherboard is able to supply a constant steady flow of power but we must say that we had no issues with power on any of the other motherboards while testing them. We can understand the DPS2 will be useful when you start plugging in more devices and pushing for more performance.
The Shuttle AN51R which received 7 out of 10 has got a product that is quite basic, the package is quite small and the performance on the motherboard isn't the best which does make it hard to recommend. We wouldn't turn around and say don't buy this motherboard, but if you have the extra money to spend on something from ASUS or MSI we would highly recommend that you look down that path as you'll get better performance and a better package.
While we would have probably liked to give both the ASUS and MSI the performance award, we do have to choose one and can honestly say that the MSI motherboard was consistently that little bit faster then ASUS. Due to performance being so close it will come down to price and what people prefer as far as brands go when it comes to purchasing their next or first Socket 754 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 2 [Gigabyte K8NSNXP]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 3 [MSI K8N Neo Platinum]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 4 [ASUS K8N-E Deluxe]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 5 [Shuttle AN51R]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio