QuakeCon is one of the largest LAN party conventions in North America and probably the world. This year is set to be the biggest of them all with over 5,000 gamers, spectators, media and vendors in attendance. The event this year is being held at the Gaylord Texan hotel and resort in Grapevine, Texas which is only a short drive from Dallas downtown. You can see the front of the resort in the image above, the place is really quite stunning and insane at the same time.
The spotlight this year is obviously Doom 3 as ID only released the new first person shooter a little over a week ago. Along with ID and Activision there are a bunch of other vendor sponsors of the event in presence including nVidia, AMD, Linksys, Chenbro, VIA along with exhibitors including ABIT and a few other American companies.
With camera and tripod in hand, I walked around the vendor area this morning on Day 2 which is in a hall of its own right next to the massive gaming area and had a look at what all the companies had on display for all the gamers to checkout who needed a break from their intense gaming battles. We didn't expect to see much new stuff in the vendor area but we did see nVidia SLI systems which people could actually use to play Doom 3, Far Cry and others and we got an early glimpse of ABIT's new Fatality motherboard which isn't quite finished yet along with the Call of Duty United Offence expansion pack.
The following pages will consist mostly of pictures since there is only so much we can talk about. Let's get started with a look at what the vendors are showing at QuakeCon 2004.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni