QuakeCon is one of the largest LAN party conventions in North America and probably the world. This year is set to be the biggest of them all with over 5,000 gamers, spectators, media and vendors in attendance. The event this year is being held at the Gaylord Texan hotel and resort in Grapevine, Texas which is only a short drive from Dallas downtown. You can see the front of the resort in the image above, the place is really quite stunning and insane at the same time.
The spotlight this year is obviously Doom 3 as ID only released the new first person shooter a little over a week ago. Along with ID and Activision there are a bunch of other vendor sponsors of the event in presence including nVidia, AMD, Linksys, Chenbro, VIA along with exhibitors including ABIT and a few other American companies.
With camera and tripod in hand, I walked around the vendor area this morning on Day 2 which is in a hall of its own right next to the massive gaming area and had a look at what all the companies had on display for all the gamers to checkout who needed a break from their intense gaming battles. We didn't expect to see much new stuff in the vendor area but we did see nVidia SLI systems which people could actually use to play Doom 3, Far Cry and others and we got an early glimpse of ABIT's new Fatality motherboard which isn't quite finished yet along with the Call of Duty United Offence expansion pack.
The following pages will consist mostly of pictures since there is only so much we can talk about. Let's get started with a look at what the vendors are showing at QuakeCon 2004.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives