Gigabyte X800XT PE
- The Package
The box is very similar to the X800PRO, as you can see. The only difference really is that it says that it's an X800XT PE on the front and when turning around to the back you see that under the specifications it has 16 pipes as opposed to 12.
If you pay attention to our news you would have noticed only a week or two back that Gigabyte sent out a press release explaining how they were going to release some new games with their X800XT PE graphics card. We didn't expect our sample card direct from Gigabyte in Taiwan to come with them all as it arrived just before the press release but when you open up the Gigabyte X800XT PE package and place all the CDs together, there they all are.
With a total of 10 CDs, Gigabyte have gone all out with this package. Like the X800PRO we have the Gigabyte driver CD, Rainbow Six 3; Raven Shield, Power DVD 5, 3D Album and Spell Force. What is different is the inclusion of Joint Operations, Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Power Director and the latest installment of Thief. That's a total of 5 full version games to get you started.
The inclusions of these extra games is to make sure that people are going to get a bit of use out of their graphics cards (as well as value for money) but there is no denying that games like Hitman: Contracts and Counter Strike: Condition Zero are not very demanding on the card.
Apart from the huge amount of games you also receive your other array of cables and X800XT manual which we saw in the X800PRO package.
- The Card
As far as the look of the Gigabyte X800XT goes, it is pretty much exactly the same as the X800PRO. It is only once you turn the card around that you see something a little different. Firstly it's using Samsung's GDDR 3 K4J55323QF-GC16 1.6ns memory (in-depth information here instead of the 2ns on the PRO which is good for a quoted 600MHz (or 1.2GHz DDR) and secondly we have a little sticker which says X800XT PE instead of X800PRO. The only other difference between the cards, while not physically is the higher core and memory speed as well as the inclusion of 16 pipelines instead of 12 which helps push more textures per clock cycle.
Now we've finished taking a look at both graphics cards from Gigabyte, let's continue on and check out the performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 2 [Gigabyte X800PRO]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 3 [Gigabyte X800XT PE]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality Synthetics]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Real World Gaming]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 12 [Overclocking Performance]
- Gigabyte X800PRO and X800XT PE - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio