Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3GHz "C"
Motherboard(s): ABIT IC7 MAX3 (Supplied by ABIT)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Kingmax PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Video card(s): Gigabyte Radeon X800PRO (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Hard Disk(s): Maxtor 160GB Serial ATA
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Write Times - Lower is Better
The 12X burner is only slightly faster then the 8X drive but as you can see the burn time on the Dual Layer media is extremely slow. In that time you could burn almost seven 4.7GB DVDs on the 1213S drive.
The burn speed of Dual Layer is only 2.4X but as the technology becomes more common and advances, we are sure that you will see speed increases in no time. If you are buying the 832S to burn Dual Layer disks, be aware that it will take some time but you do have the trade-off which is being able to burn around 8GB of data and "backup" your DVD movies with close enough to no compression involved.
- Burn Time Run Down
Thanks to the Nero CD-DVD Speed program, these images give you a better run down on the burning process, what speed its doing at the different points, the max, the start and average speed and how much data is burnt.
832S - Dual Layer Burn
832S - Single Layer 8X Burn
1213S - Single Layer 12X Burn
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 2 [Lite-On 1213S (12x DVD Burning)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 3 [Lite-On 832S (Dual Layer Supported)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Write Times]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood, not miners, gobbling up Radeon RX Vega supply
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Galaxy Note8 pricing to start at $950
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience