ATAPI / E-IDE Half-Height internal DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD-ROM / CD-R / CD-RW / CD-ROM combination drive
SMART-BURN avoiding Buffer UnderRun Error, Automatically adjusting writing strategy & running OPC to provide the best burning quality
SMART-X function adjusts CD-DA / VCD / DVD data extraction to a fastest allowable speed according to both data request rate from host and disk quality
VAS system reduce vibration and noise during recording and reading
Support Fixed Packet, Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode Burning & Over-Burn
DVD read compliant : DVD single / dual layer ( PTP / OTP ), DVD-R ( 3.9 GB / 4.7 GB ), DVD-R multi-borders, DVD+R, DVD+R multi-sessions, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW
CD read compliant : CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM / XA, Photo-CD, Multi-session, Karaoke-CD, Video-CD, CD-I FMV, CD Extra, CD Plus, CD-R, and CD-RW
Support both 8 cm and 12 cm disc of CD and DVD family
Conform to Orange Book : Part 2 CD-R Volume 1, Part 2 CD-R Volume 2 Multi Speed, Part 3 CD-RW Volume 1 ( 1x, 2x, and 4x ), Part 3 CD-RW Volume 2 : High Speed, Part 3 CD-RW Volume 3 : Ultra Speed
Supported transfer mode : PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 and Ultra DMA mode 2
Write DVD+R 12x ( 16200 KB/sec ) maximum by Z-CLV
DVD-R 8x ( 10800 KB/sec ) maximum by Z-CLV
ReWrite DVD+RW 4x ( 5400 KB/sec ) by CLV
DVD-RW 4x ( 5400 KB/sec ) by CLV
Read 12x ( 16200 KB/sec ) maximum by CAV
Access time 160 ms
Write CD-R 48x ( 7200 KB/sec ) maximum by CAV
ReWrite CD-RW 24x ( 3600 KB/sec ) maximum by Z-CLV in UltraSpeed disc
Read 48x ( 7200 KB/sec ) maximum by CAV
Access time 160 ms
Buffer Size: 2 MB
PC Required: Pentium III 450 MHz or faster CPU and 128 MB or higher RAM are required 650 MB HDD available capacity; and 5 GB free space for creating a DVD image file
Compatibility: Windows 98 / NT 4.0 / ME / 2000 / XP
MTBF ( Life ): 70,000 Hours
S/N Ration: > 75 dB
Operating 5C to 45C; Relative Humidity : 15% to 80%
Non-Operating -40C to 60C; Relative Humidity : 15% to 95%
Dimension: 145.0 ( W ) x 41.3 ( H ) x 170.0 ( D ) mm
Weight: < 0.9 Kg
+5V +/-5% and less than 100 mVp-p ripple voltage
+12V +/-5% and less than 200 mVp-p ripple voltage
- The Package
The front of the box is quite nice and shows a picture of the actual drive as well as all the information as far as speeds go. If you didn't look at the specs you can see that the drive is capable of burning at 12X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R and 4X DVD-+RW.
The back of the box goes into a bit more details as far as specs are concerned. It gives you the details on the CD specs of the drive, supported media, dimensions, power requirements and so on.
Included with in the package are four blank DVDs, some screws, audio cable, instructions for installing the drive, Nero OEM suite and a copy of PowerDVD. The most useful part of the package would have to be the included media and burning software.
- A Closer Look
Looking at the top of the drive you get the model number, manufacture date, serial number plus all your normal approvals and warnings about it being a laser product.
This particular unit is beige but you are able to purchase face plates for it so if you do have a black case you shouldn't have any trouble getting it to blend in with the case.
The back of the drives shows all your normal plugs with the molex power connector on the right, the IDE connector just after that, the pins for setting the drive to slave or master and the port for the audio cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 2 [Lite-On 1213S (12x DVD Burning)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 3 [Lite-On 832S (Dual Layer Supported)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Write Times]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 5 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis