DVD burners are one of the harder products to purchase at the moment. This is not because there is such a big range to choose from but the fact that the technology moves that fast that you could buy one today then tomorrow there could be a $30 price drop then a week later there is a faster speed out. This is the worst nightmare for any computer enthusiast who wants to keep up to date with technology.
Lite-On is one of the major players in the ROM market. They are well known for making not only a very good burner but a very affordable no-frills burner at the same time - what more could someone want when it comes to burning an optical disk? A normal CD-ROM these days is something you really don't see these days, with the cost of CD burners or DVD drives you may as well go down this path as it equals extremely good value for money.
You know that a product is becoming mainstream when companies like Dell, HP and other major computer manufactures have them standard in their entry-level computers. It isn't uncommon to go to your local major computer retailer and see computers as far as the eye can see come with a DVD burner. This is because the price is quite competitive and their usefulness is extremely high.
Today we will be looking at two of the more recent optical writing products to come from Lite-On. To give you an idea of what we said in the first paragraph, between getting these units in from our friends at Lite-On and reviewing them (roughly 3 weeks), the company released a faster burner (16x DVD) which we hope to test soon. We have the Lite-On 1213S 12 X DVD Burner which was the fastest only a few weeks ago with support for DVD-R and DVD+R writes and we also have the 832S which is Lite-On's first Dual Layer DVD burner for users looking to backup huge amounts of data and copy DVD's with quality very close to the original.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 2 [Lite-On 1213S (12x DVD Burning)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 3 [Lite-On 832S (Dual Layer Supported)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Write Times]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4