DVD burners are one of the harder products to purchase at the moment. This is not because there is such a big range to choose from but the fact that the technology moves that fast that you could buy one today then tomorrow there could be a $30 price drop then a week later there is a faster speed out. This is the worst nightmare for any computer enthusiast who wants to keep up to date with technology.
Lite-On is one of the major players in the ROM market. They are well known for making not only a very good burner but a very affordable no-frills burner at the same time - what more could someone want when it comes to burning an optical disk? A normal CD-ROM these days is something you really don't see these days, with the cost of CD burners or DVD drives you may as well go down this path as it equals extremely good value for money.
You know that a product is becoming mainstream when companies like Dell, HP and other major computer manufactures have them standard in their entry-level computers. It isn't uncommon to go to your local major computer retailer and see computers as far as the eye can see come with a DVD burner. This is because the price is quite competitive and their usefulness is extremely high.
Today we will be looking at two of the more recent optical writing products to come from Lite-On. To give you an idea of what we said in the first paragraph, between getting these units in from our friends at Lite-On and reviewing them (roughly 3 weeks), the company released a faster burner (16x DVD) which we hope to test soon. We have the Lite-On 1213S 12 X DVD Burner which was the fastest only a few weeks ago with support for DVD-R and DVD+R writes and we also have the 832S which is Lite-On's first Dual Layer DVD burner for users looking to backup huge amounts of data and copy DVD's with quality very close to the original.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 2 [Lite-On 1213S (12x DVD Burning)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 3 [Lite-On 832S (Dual Layer Supported)]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Write Times]
- Lite-On DVD Burners - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook