You're sitting down about to begin writing your latest article about the latest low-end Radeon 9200SE graphics card and you find yourself having to write something along the lines of, "With all the latest and graphics cards on the market, people are forgetting about the mid and low range versions " This is the true words of someone who was wishing they had been preparing to write a review on a Radeon X800XT or GeForce 6800 Ultra - how do we know this you may wonder - because we write about this kind of stuff a lot of the time.
Today we are turning up the heat as we look at the hottest graphics cards on the market ranging from the GeForce FX 5950 Ultra from nVidia to the AGP and PCI Express versions of the monster 6800 Ultra and the Radeon 9800XT from ATI all they way to the X800XT PE powerhouse.
Many other websites have compared the 9800XT to the X800PRO or the X800XT to the X800PRO but we thought we would get our hands on six of the hottest cards available at time of publishing and benchmark them in true TweakTown style.
We want to know exactly what you guys all want to know - how much faster is the X800PRO to the 9800XT? How much faster is the X800XT compared to both of them? What does PCI Express give us at the moment in terms of performance compared to AGP and are we going to see the available bandwidth come into play here today?
These are all questions that our readers want to know so we are going to answer them for you in this mega GPU performance comparison where the big boys come out to play. We will firstly have a quick run down on all the cards available before we get into our benchmarking results. Let's get things underway!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 2 [nVidia Players - The GREEN Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 3 [ATI Players - The RED Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Synthetic Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 11 [High Quality - Synthetics]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 12 [High Quality - Real World Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset