When you hear the company name HIS, you might be thinking of a HIS and HER towel set but we are extremely far away from that at this point. HIS (or Hightech Information Systems) is a Hong Kong based AIB partner of ATI and creates a number of graphics cards from the ATI range beginning at the Radeon 7000 PCI all the way up to the X800XT power-house.
If you're paying close attention you might see that both the cards have X800PRO labels on the cooler and are both utilizing AGP. We thought that HIS might have found some cool way of getting us some X800PRO SLI action but we quickly discovered that one was an X800XT instead - you can imagine our disappointment.
HIS might not be a name that a lot of people have heard of and they don't seem to be a huge player in the graphics card market but like any company that wants to stand out and gain market share, they have to do something different.
The IceQ series of graphics cards was born and designed to bring a slightly more "Extreme" air cooling solution to your graphics card experience. Most enthusiast and gamers want to get the most out of their graphics card and the extra cooling helps make this possible as well as adding some much needed diversification into the graphics card segment at the moment which is crowed with identical cards which are only separated in difference with a sticker.
Today we will be looking at the IceQ version of the X800PRO and X800XT, the two most powerful ATI graphics cards currently available on the market using the AGP 8x connector. HIS label their graphics cards the "Excalibur" and within this series is the "IceQ" version which was originally seen on the 9800 line of cards from HIS. We will take a closer look at the IceQ technology and what HIS have decided to do with their new found cores from ATI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 2 [The Cards - Features]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 3 [The Cards - Packaging]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 11 [High Quality - Synthetics]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 12 [High Quality - Gaming]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity