Today when we think of graphics cards we tend to think solely of PCI Express, 6800GT and X800XT Platinum Edition. Sometimes we forget about the lower-end of the spectrum, the more affordable cards that can produce the numbers, just not on the overclocker's lists, but are still a great buy none the less.
While PCI Express x16 is the next big thing, AGP still populates 99% of all motherboards on the market today, and is still the mainstream graphics interface and probably will be for some time to come. While PCI Express x16 will replace AGP in the near future, AGP has a great role as providing high-end and low-end graphics interfaces.
Today we have two of the newest budget cards from ATI and nVidia - the GeForce FX 5500 from nVidia and the Radeon 9550 from ATI. Today we plan to pit these two chipsets against each other and determine what is more worth your value dollar.
While this is a good test of the GPU's, it's also a great feat to mention that Gigabyte support both chipsets, despite them directly competing against each other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 2 [The Cards - Head to Head]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 3 [The Cards - Head to Head Continued]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio