Well, there are the new ATI Catalyst 4.7 drivers for your viewing pleasure. The performance jump isn't as great as last time and there is nothing new like the last release which brought us Overdrive for the new line of Radeon X800 graphics cards - on the outside, the ATI Control Panel looks exactly the same as the 4.6 version. While there isn't a big jump in performance (and in fact, a decrease in certain areas), it is always a very good idea to update to the latest set of drivers as it fixes up some of the bugs in your favorite games that were in previous releases and this is usually a good enough reason to update for many.
We did see a small jump in 3DMark 2003 which we saw in the last release of drivers so it will be interesting to see if this continues across more driver releases. Aquamark 3 also saw a little increase.
While some of the synthetic benchmarks aren't up, as you can see for yourself, the real world gaming benchmarks don't show an increase in performance. If you're not in the mood to go through the process of reinstalling the latest drivers, you're not really going to be missing out on too much but if you are still running something older then the 4.6 drivers (on a more recent ATI based graphics card) we would recommend that you take the jump now as you should see quite a good jump in performance when compared to some of the older releases from past times.
Until the 4.8 drivers are released probably sometime next month, happy benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20