Well, there are the new ATI Catalyst 4.7 drivers for your viewing pleasure. The performance jump isn't as great as last time and there is nothing new like the last release which brought us Overdrive for the new line of Radeon X800 graphics cards - on the outside, the ATI Control Panel looks exactly the same as the 4.6 version. While there isn't a big jump in performance (and in fact, a decrease in certain areas), it is always a very good idea to update to the latest set of drivers as it fixes up some of the bugs in your favorite games that were in previous releases and this is usually a good enough reason to update for many.
We did see a small jump in 3DMark 2003 which we saw in the last release of drivers so it will be interesting to see if this continues across more driver releases. Aquamark 3 also saw a little increase.
While some of the synthetic benchmarks aren't up, as you can see for yourself, the real world gaming benchmarks don't show an increase in performance. If you're not in the mood to go through the process of reinstalling the latest drivers, you're not really going to be missing out on too much but if you are still running something older then the 4.6 drivers (on a more recent ATI based graphics card) we would recommend that you take the jump now as you should see quite a good jump in performance when compared to some of the older releases from past times.
Until the 4.8 drivers are released probably sometime next month, happy benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance