Well, there are the new ATI Catalyst 4.7 drivers for your viewing pleasure. The performance jump isn't as great as last time and there is nothing new like the last release which brought us Overdrive for the new line of Radeon X800 graphics cards - on the outside, the ATI Control Panel looks exactly the same as the 4.6 version. While there isn't a big jump in performance (and in fact, a decrease in certain areas), it is always a very good idea to update to the latest set of drivers as it fixes up some of the bugs in your favorite games that were in previous releases and this is usually a good enough reason to update for many.
We did see a small jump in 3DMark 2003 which we saw in the last release of drivers so it will be interesting to see if this continues across more driver releases. Aquamark 3 also saw a little increase.
While some of the synthetic benchmarks aren't up, as you can see for yourself, the real world gaming benchmarks don't show an increase in performance. If you're not in the mood to go through the process of reinstalling the latest drivers, you're not really going to be missing out on too much but if you are still running something older then the 4.6 drivers (on a more recent ATI based graphics card) we would recommend that you take the jump now as you should see quite a good jump in performance when compared to some of the older releases from past times.
Until the 4.8 drivers are released probably sometime next month, happy benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now