Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 520 (3.2GHz LGA-775)
Video card(s): ABIT AS8 Springdale (Supplied by ABIT)
Video card(s): HIS Radeon X800 XT PE AGP 8x (Supplied by HIS Technology)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Corsair PC4000 Pro LED (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): WD Raptor 36GB 10,000 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 4.6 and 4.7 Final (both with Overdrive enabled)
We wanted to also compare results of the new drivers against the older Catalyst 4.5 drivers however we had problems installing the drivers with the brand new HIS Radeon X800 XT PE.
Like our previous article, we have kept the results to a minimum. We have got our synthetic benchmarks included and our more popular real world gaming benchmarks to give you an idea of how the new drivers perform on the new games. We also test using high quality 6x AA and 16x AF to see if the new drivers offer an increase in performance in this area.
Let's not go on anymore and see just how the new Catalyst 4.7 drivers perform against the previous generation from last month.
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In 3DMark 2001 the new drivers take a little bit of a dive.
3DMark03 is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 9 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce FX and ATI Radeon 9800), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
As you can clearly see the new drivers get a nice little jump in 3DMark 2003 of around 500 points.
Aquamark3 is the latest installment of the Aquamark benchmark suite. This new benchmark is much more powerful and demands much more from both the system and the graphics card. If there is any weakness in the system or 3D components, Aquamark3 will find them.
Here we see another jump in performance. Let's have a quick look at our real world gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017