Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
CL3 @ 500MHz
32Mx8 chip density
Jet Black 6-Layer PCB
2.5V - 2.75V
Installed Heatspreader (color may vary)
- The Modules
Mushkin has been in the overclocking game longer than OCZ or any other memory manufacturer. Mushkin was the first to bring out 133MHz SDRAM to run on the BX chipset long before anyone else. To this day, Mushkin has put a lot of effort and style into its memory products and it once again shows off with their latest high performance memory modules.
The modules supplied to us from Mushkin are Dual Channel PC4000 High Performance modules. These are indicated by the black 6 layer PCB designed to reduce noise on the DDR bus.
It seems Hynix is the pick of the crop amongst a lot of the memory manufacturers today, simply due to the high yields they are starting to achieve. Speeds have been hit at 300MHz for these modules, though it is hard to get them to do that on most consumer motherboards. Mushkin uses an alloy black heat spreader that is adhered to the modules with thermal tape and pinch pins to ensure a secure and hard heat transfer surface.
Mushkin memory was the most flexible with its SPD timings. Setting OCZ and Kingmax memory timings to manual would cause boot locks, however at SPD timings, they would work fine. Mushkin allowed lower FSB and lower CAS latencies or would simply run on SPD up to a maximum of 265MHz DDR using 2.9v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset