Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
CL3 @ 500MHz
32Mx8 chip density
Jet Black 6-Layer PCB
2.5V - 2.75V
Installed Heatspreader (color may vary)
- The Modules
Mushkin has been in the overclocking game longer than OCZ or any other memory manufacturer. Mushkin was the first to bring out 133MHz SDRAM to run on the BX chipset long before anyone else. To this day, Mushkin has put a lot of effort and style into its memory products and it once again shows off with their latest high performance memory modules.
The modules supplied to us from Mushkin are Dual Channel PC4000 High Performance modules. These are indicated by the black 6 layer PCB designed to reduce noise on the DDR bus.
It seems Hynix is the pick of the crop amongst a lot of the memory manufacturers today, simply due to the high yields they are starting to achieve. Speeds have been hit at 300MHz for these modules, though it is hard to get them to do that on most consumer motherboards. Mushkin uses an alloy black heat spreader that is adhered to the modules with thermal tape and pinch pins to ensure a secure and hard heat transfer surface.
Mushkin memory was the most flexible with its SPD timings. Setting OCZ and Kingmax memory timings to manual would cause boot locks, however at SPD timings, they would work fine. Mushkin allowed lower FSB and lower CAS latencies or would simply run on SPD up to a maximum of 265MHz DDR using 2.9v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Top 15 Presidents Day Kaby Lake laptop deals for 2017
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league