Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
CL3 @ 500MHz
32Mx8 chip density
Jet Black 6-Layer PCB
2.5V - 2.75V
Installed Heatspreader (color may vary)
- The Modules
Mushkin has been in the overclocking game longer than OCZ or any other memory manufacturer. Mushkin was the first to bring out 133MHz SDRAM to run on the BX chipset long before anyone else. To this day, Mushkin has put a lot of effort and style into its memory products and it once again shows off with their latest high performance memory modules.
The modules supplied to us from Mushkin are Dual Channel PC4000 High Performance modules. These are indicated by the black 6 layer PCB designed to reduce noise on the DDR bus.
It seems Hynix is the pick of the crop amongst a lot of the memory manufacturers today, simply due to the high yields they are starting to achieve. Speeds have been hit at 300MHz for these modules, though it is hard to get them to do that on most consumer motherboards. Mushkin uses an alloy black heat spreader that is adhered to the modules with thermal tape and pinch pins to ensure a secure and hard heat transfer surface.
Mushkin memory was the most flexible with its SPD timings. Setting OCZ and Kingmax memory timings to manual would cause boot locks, however at SPD timings, they would work fine. Mushkin allowed lower FSB and lower CAS latencies or would simply run on SPD up to a maximum of 265MHz DDR using 2.9v.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club