nVidia's implementation of SLI
nVidia's implementation of SLI is quite a bit different than the previous methods we saw on the last page. From what we can see, nVidia has extensively studied the old 3DFX SLI technology and improved on every aspect of the technology to create their own breed of modern SLI which can currently be utilized with their Quadro, GeForce 6800 GT and Ultra flavors (only).
- High Speed Digital Interface
Compared to the 3DFX technology for one, there is no longer the need of having a messy array of cables connecting the cards at the back of your system for visual output. With nVidia's PCI Express SLI, all these tasks are performed internally using the "High Speed Digital Interface" which connects both cards together using a simple SLI connector which plugs into the cards "MIO" port, as pictured below on our reference 6800 Ultra PCI Express sample.
The cards are then connected using an SLI connector which you can see below. The connector is essentially just a small circuit board with two MIO connectors (or plugs).
Compared to 3DFX's method of connecting the cards with a cheap ribbon cable, the new implementation from nVidia just feels much better. It's something I would have more confidence in.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Skyrim Remaster mods limited to 1GB on PS4
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now