Previous implementations of SLI
To get a better appreciation for SLI, here are some previous implementations of SLI from 1993 to 1998.
Back in 1993, if you wanted an SLI system (classed as super computer), it would have cost you upwards of $250k.
The result of this quarter of a million dollar investment was being able to play a flight simulator at just a few frames per second, as you can see below.
Fast forward a few years then we entered the exciting 3DFX VooDoo2 realm of SLI.
This technology enabled gamers to play their favorite games at relatively high resolution of 1024x768, as you can see in the shot below with Quake2. With a single VooDoo2 card, it was just about impossible to play at 1024x768 as the frame rate was very low. SLI allowed gamers to play Quake2 at 1024x768 at the same frame rate as 800x600 by increasing performance by around 20 - 25%.
Now you've got a bit of an idea about previous SLI implementations, let's take a look at nVidia's brand new SLI technology and their plan of attack for the industry.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications