Users who have only just entered the personal computing realm over the past couple years did not have the privilege of experiencing the rise of the enthusiast computer user and the resulting and exciting new market segments, especially in the graphics card department.
Back in 1998 when 3DFX were in their prime, the then strong company released the VooDoo2 graphics chip with the option of running two 3DFX based PCI graphics cards in one system with the aim of increasing gaming performance. This method is called Scan Line Interleave or SLI for short. Back then, if you had an SLI enabled system, you were the most popular geek on the block, no questions asked. For many, it sparked a strong interest in the internals of the personal computer and as a result helped create a new generation of computers users: the enthusiast.
nVidia has stepped up the graphics performance of person computers in a big way today for the enthusiast and graphics professionals with the introduction of their own PCI Express 16x graphics cards with support for "Scalable Link Interface", or again SLI for short. Unfortunately we don't have an nVidia PCI Express SLI test system here today but we do have all the latest information on the technology for you.
We flew up to Sydney last week to hear nVidia's claims for SLI. Read on as we document everything we learned during the press conference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup