Users who have only just entered the personal computing realm over the past couple years did not have the privilege of experiencing the rise of the enthusiast computer user and the resulting and exciting new market segments, especially in the graphics card department.
Back in 1998 when 3DFX were in their prime, the then strong company released the VooDoo2 graphics chip with the option of running two 3DFX based PCI graphics cards in one system with the aim of increasing gaming performance. This method is called Scan Line Interleave or SLI for short. Back then, if you had an SLI enabled system, you were the most popular geek on the block, no questions asked. For many, it sparked a strong interest in the internals of the personal computer and as a result helped create a new generation of computers users: the enthusiast.
nVidia has stepped up the graphics performance of person computers in a big way today for the enthusiast and graphics professionals with the introduction of their own PCI Express 16x graphics cards with support for "Scalable Link Interface", or again SLI for short. Unfortunately we don't have an nVidia PCI Express SLI test system here today but we do have all the latest information on the technology for you.
We flew up to Sydney last week to hear nVidia's claims for SLI. Read on as we document everything we learned during the press conference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015