What graphics card is best for you is totally dependent on what you're going to play and how long you're going to have it for. Hopefully the results here have made it slightly easier when deciding on which GeForce FX to buy.
Here are our final thoughts on each card.
- Albatron 5700 Turbo Conclusion
Albatron has done quite a nice job with the 5700 Turbo. While it isn't as fast as the 5700 Ultra from Chaintech, it isn't too bad and bang for buck wise you really cannot go wrong. The card comes with a nice looking blue PCB and an excellent quality heatsink to go with it. What was surprising was the fact that Albatron has chosen to include memory sinks.
The Albatron 5700 Turbo as you can see for yourself is a lot quicker then the Sparkle 5700LE which also comes with 256MB of memory, 128MB more than the Albatron contender. It just goes to show more memory doesn't mean better performance, it comes down to the type of memory more then anything.
If you don't have the budget for a new 6800 Ultra or even something from the 5900 range and you have your heart set on a card from nVidia, you really cannot go wrong here.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
- PixelView 5900XT Conclusion
A few steps up we have the 5900XT from nVidia. The 5900XT is one of the more recent chips that came available. PixelView has added a few of its own little touches to the chipset and it is quite a performer. Depending on the games that you want to play, will depend if you need the 5900XT, the 5700 Ultra is very good and can save you a few dollars.
The temperature display and fan speed is a good innovation but at the end of the day, how useful will it actually be to you? It is an impressive gimmick but in reality you shouldn't find yourself looking at how hot the card is every 5 minutes.
The package is quite nice and while it doesn't come with any games, this isn't really that bad as most of the time they are never that good anyway much like the inclusion of Duke Nukem in the Albatron box. We have a very nice card here with quite a nice package.
Rating - 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 2 [The Cards - Albatron 5700P Turbo]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 3 [The Cards - Prolink PixelView 5900XT]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001SE]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.