All the memory here held up very well which was nice to see. They all had absolutely no problem doing what they were supposed to do and then continued to clock further. The only difference was that the modules were all going to overclock differently.
GeIL came out on top with a maximum overclock of 287MHz, Shika was only 2MHz behind on 285MHz and OCZ was running just behind these modules with a maximum overclock of 281MHz. The performance of the memory at their rated speeds was all very similar and if you're not looking at overclocking the modules, the decision on which modules you want to purchase will come down to price and availability in your area.
All the memory held up against each other very well and you couldn't go wrong with any of the modules which we've looked at. Computex is over and DDR-II isn't far away so it probably won't be long till we are looking at DDR-II but for the meantime for the people who can't wait, PC4400 is some of the fastest memory available and you can't go wrong with it if you're serious about your computers and overclocking.
GeIL has got a great set of modules here, the temperature thermometer feature is quite useless as it is hard to see when in your desktop computer but nevertheless is a nice little touch.
GeIL Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Performance Award
OCZ has another good looking module and while it did the speed it was supposed to do, it wasn't the best overclocker. 6MHz (or 12MHz DDR) separated it from the top modules here which can be quite a bit when it comes to overclocking.
OCZ Rating - 8 out of 10
Finally Shika, we hadn't heard of this company before they emailed us letting us know that they had finally released some new performance memory. They have done quite a good job and could really generate some serious competition for some of the bigger contenders in the enthusiast market. GeIL, OCZ, Corsair and so on could all have some competition on their hands. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of Shika.
ShikaRAM Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This monster USB hub charges up to 28 devices at once
- League of Legends table top game sets the mood for fun
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications