Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz ES (unlocked)
Video card(s): ASUS P4P800-E (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon 9600 XT (Supplied by GeCube)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.5
Using the ASUS P4P800E motherboard and our 3GHz Engineering Sample from Intel which is multiplier unlocked, we were able to achieve the absolute maximum overclock thanks to the help of the vast amount of multipliers available on the ASUS motherboard which help make it a really good choice for Pentium 4 overclocking.
While keeping the FSB at 200MHz, we can have the memory running at 533MHz DDR. When moving the FSB up slowly, it gave us an increase in memory speed. To achieve the speed of DDR-550, we didn't need to have a magic processor that could do 275MHz FSB. Instead we had a processor that simply had to hit 220MHz FSB. We know the processor is good up until at least 250MHz but at this speed the memory would be over 600MHz DDR and none of the memory we have here today could achieve this. We eliminated the processor as being the limitation.
With that said, let's see what we could get out of the memory and the kind of results it gave us.
- SiSoft Sandra 2004
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
At default speed, OCZ has the fastest module just by a fraction. As you would expect, the highest clocked memory comes out on top when overclocked.
- PCMark 2002
PCMark2002 is a multipurpose benchmark, suited for benchmarking all kinds of PCs, from laptops to workstations, as well as across multiple Windows operating systems. This easy-to-use benchmark makes professional strength benchmarking software available even to novice users. PCMark2002 consists of a series of tests that represent common tasks in home and office programs. PCMark2002 also covers many additional areas outside the scope of other MadOnion.com benchmarks.
GeIL takes the win here at default speeds and thanks to their higher overclock, they also take it at maximum overclock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications