Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32 X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 2.8V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
ShikaRAM has been producing memory modules for OEMs for a long time. Only recently they have started a new division which focuses on the end-user, in particular the enthusiast.
They recently contacted us about the release of their PC4400 memory. The particular modules, like the GeIL memory, are rated at CAS 3. Companies like OCZ, Corsair and GeIL have all been making performance memory a lot longer then these guys. The competition is quite hard in this area and it will be interesting to see how ShikaRAM perform.
The modules come with an extremely high quality heatsink which was good to see. The modules we are looking at are 512MB units which come to make a complete 1GB kit.
Like OCZ and GeIL, the package is a Dual Channel kit and is guaranteed to work as a pair in a Dual Channel environment at 275MHz.
The modules from Shikatronics did exceptionally well when it came to reaching the spec - it was done without a single hiccup. This is where we began to raise the FSB. We were able to achieve a maximum overclock of 285MHz which is a 20MHz DDR jump over spec which isn't too bad at all. The modules just fell short of what the GeIL was able to achieve but could overtake the modules on offer from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent