Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32 X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 2.8V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
ShikaRAM has been producing memory modules for OEMs for a long time. Only recently they have started a new division which focuses on the end-user, in particular the enthusiast.
They recently contacted us about the release of their PC4400 memory. The particular modules, like the GeIL memory, are rated at CAS 3. Companies like OCZ, Corsair and GeIL have all been making performance memory a lot longer then these guys. The competition is quite hard in this area and it will be interesting to see how ShikaRAM perform.
The modules come with an extremely high quality heatsink which was good to see. The modules we are looking at are 512MB units which come to make a complete 1GB kit.
Like OCZ and GeIL, the package is a Dual Channel kit and is guaranteed to work as a pair in a Dual Channel environment at 275MHz.
The modules from Shikatronics did exceptionally well when it came to reaching the spec - it was done without a single hiccup. This is where we began to raise the FSB. We were able to achieve a maximum overclock of 285MHz which is a 20MHz DDR jump over spec which isn't too bad at all. The modules just fell short of what the GeIL was able to achieve but could overtake the modules on offer from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'