Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32 X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 2.8V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
ShikaRAM has been producing memory modules for OEMs for a long time. Only recently they have started a new division which focuses on the end-user, in particular the enthusiast.
They recently contacted us about the release of their PC4400 memory. The particular modules, like the GeIL memory, are rated at CAS 3. Companies like OCZ, Corsair and GeIL have all been making performance memory a lot longer then these guys. The competition is quite hard in this area and it will be interesting to see how ShikaRAM perform.
The modules come with an extremely high quality heatsink which was good to see. The modules we are looking at are 512MB units which come to make a complete 1GB kit.
Like OCZ and GeIL, the package is a Dual Channel kit and is guaranteed to work as a pair in a Dual Channel environment at 275MHz.
The modules from Shikatronics did exceptionally well when it came to reaching the spec - it was done without a single hiccup. This is where we began to raise the FSB. We were able to achieve a maximum overclock of 285MHz which is a 20MHz DDR jump over spec which isn't too bad at all. The modules just fell short of what the GeIL was able to achieve but could overtake the modules on offer from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes