Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32MB X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 3.1V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
GeIL has got a great looking module here with its mirror heatsink, which is known as their Ultra Platinum series of memory. The Platinum series comes from speeds ranging from PC3200 to PC4400.
Something that we haven't seen before is the inclusion of a temperature thermometer embedded on the actual heatsink - as the modules heat up, the black changes into a bright color which gives you an idea on how hot the modules are. The effects of this can best be seen on the picture below taken from the GeIL USA website.
The quality of the heatsink is excellent. It is full copper with nickel plating which gives it an excellent look and very high quality feel. The last modules we looked were the Golden Dragon series which used Wafer Level Chip Scale Package which we didn't have much luck with; these modules go back to the more conventional TSOP chip.
The last time we had a look at memory from GeIL, we didn't have much luck with it at all. This time around, we had a bit more luck. We were able to achieve a maximum stable overclock of 287MHz (or 574MHz DDR) which isn't too bad from the default 550MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- The Force has truly awoken, with a $2b haul worldwide
- AMD's enthusiast Polaris GPU teased, could be priced at $1700
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance