Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32MB X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 3.1V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
GeIL has got a great looking module here with its mirror heatsink, which is known as their Ultra Platinum series of memory. The Platinum series comes from speeds ranging from PC3200 to PC4400.
Something that we haven't seen before is the inclusion of a temperature thermometer embedded on the actual heatsink - as the modules heat up, the black changes into a bright color which gives you an idea on how hot the modules are. The effects of this can best be seen on the picture below taken from the GeIL USA website.
The quality of the heatsink is excellent. It is full copper with nickel plating which gives it an excellent look and very high quality feel. The last modules we looked were the Golden Dragon series which used Wafer Level Chip Scale Package which we didn't have much luck with; these modules go back to the more conventional TSOP chip.
The last time we had a look at memory from GeIL, we didn't have much luck with it at all. This time around, we had a bit more luck. We were able to achieve a maximum stable overclock of 287MHz (or 574MHz DDR) which isn't too bad from the default 550MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni