While DDR-II is not too far off, the technology as a whole is going to be out of reach for a lot of people. It will not only involve a new motherboard but also a new processor which is going to make it quite an expensive upgrade. And if you really want to do it right, you should also be looking at a PCI-Express graphics card to go along with the whole package - simply just more dollars to something that is already going to be quite an expensive upgrade for the average consumer.
Today we are looking at some of the current generation DDR memory from a couple of our regular memory manufacturer friends - GeIL and OCZ - we also see a company come into the spotlight called as ShikaRAM who have only just began concentrating on the end-user.
We are looking at PC4400 memory (or DDR-550) today. It is 275MHz memory - it's for people with extremely high clocking Intel Pentium 4 processors. While 275MHz is a great achievement for DDR, we will also endeavor to find out how much further they can go.
PC4400 memory is not cheap, so sit back and find out what you should be spending your hard earned dollars on for your overclocking adventures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015