While DDR-II is not too far off, the technology as a whole is going to be out of reach for a lot of people. It will not only involve a new motherboard but also a new processor which is going to make it quite an expensive upgrade. And if you really want to do it right, you should also be looking at a PCI-Express graphics card to go along with the whole package - simply just more dollars to something that is already going to be quite an expensive upgrade for the average consumer.
Today we are looking at some of the current generation DDR memory from a couple of our regular memory manufacturer friends - GeIL and OCZ - we also see a company come into the spotlight called as ShikaRAM who have only just began concentrating on the end-user.
We are looking at PC4400 memory (or DDR-550) today. It is 275MHz memory - it's for people with extremely high clocking Intel Pentium 4 processors. While 275MHz is a great achievement for DDR, we will also endeavor to find out how much further they can go.
PC4400 memory is not cheap, so sit back and find out what you should be spending your hard earned dollars on for your overclocking adventures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB