While DDR-II is not too far off, the technology as a whole is going to be out of reach for a lot of people. It will not only involve a new motherboard but also a new processor which is going to make it quite an expensive upgrade. And if you really want to do it right, you should also be looking at a PCI-Express graphics card to go along with the whole package - simply just more dollars to something that is already going to be quite an expensive upgrade for the average consumer.
Today we are looking at some of the current generation DDR memory from a couple of our regular memory manufacturer friends - GeIL and OCZ - we also see a company come into the spotlight called as ShikaRAM who have only just began concentrating on the end-user.
We are looking at PC4400 memory (or DDR-550) today. It is 275MHz memory - it's for people with extremely high clocking Intel Pentium 4 processors. While 275MHz is a great achievement for DDR, we will also endeavor to find out how much further they can go.
PC4400 memory is not cheap, so sit back and find out what you should be spending your hard earned dollars on for your overclocking adventures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse