While DDR-II is not too far off, the technology as a whole is going to be out of reach for a lot of people. It will not only involve a new motherboard but also a new processor which is going to make it quite an expensive upgrade. And if you really want to do it right, you should also be looking at a PCI-Express graphics card to go along with the whole package - simply just more dollars to something that is already going to be quite an expensive upgrade for the average consumer.
Today we are looking at some of the current generation DDR memory from a couple of our regular memory manufacturer friends - GeIL and OCZ - we also see a company come into the spotlight called as ShikaRAM who have only just began concentrating on the end-user.
We are looking at PC4400 memory (or DDR-550) today. It is 275MHz memory - it's for people with extremely high clocking Intel Pentium 4 processors. While 275MHz is a great achievement for DDR, we will also endeavor to find out how much further they can go.
PC4400 memory is not cheap, so sit back and find out what you should be spending your hard earned dollars on for your overclocking adventures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched