With our SPEC CPU2006 tests, we saw significant improvements to our results -in some cases doubling performance.
SmartHeap needs to be linked to your app, and then complied in your favorite complier; in most cases, this is a simple process. We assume that anyone interested in using SmartHeap will have a basic understanding of how to compile apps, so it should not be very hard to get everything up and running.
Here in the lab, we are not experts in compiling these types of things, and we did have some issues getting everything working. However, with help from MicroQuill support, we were able to get things figured out.
There are also several options when purchasing SmartHeap for single-threaded, or SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) multi-threaded. Besides using SmartHeap to optimize SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks, it can be used to improve your application performance on a wide variety of platforms.
To sum everything up, we saw a huge improvement in our SPEC CPU2006 results; in some cases, almost double the results. In the multi-threaded runs, SmartHeap has a dramatic effect on many of the results.
We do not have an award for software per se, but if we did, we would rank SmartHeap in the 95% range, and only knock it down for compiling issues that we had. We know that many of our readers would not run into the issues we had, as we are not experts in compiling software.
If your application can take advantage of SmartHeap, then it's well worth looking into.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available