GeCube X800 Pro
- The Package
GeCube follows a more traditional design when it comes to their design. GeCube haven't decided to ship the card in a massive box or a nice bag. They have instead simply shipped the card in a black box advertising what would have to be the biggest online game around. If you like Counter Strike or not, there is no denying that the game has a huge following and is still the most popular first person multiplayer game.
The GeCube box is nice - it is extremely simple but gives you all the information you need and with the Counter Terrorist on the front, it looks really stylish.
The back of the box gives you a quick run down on Counter Strike: Condition Zero, here you can also see what is included within the package and quick technical specifications in a multitude of languages.
You get your normal array of cables and manual, we get the driver CD, Power DVD and another full version game on DVD known as Yager. GeCube are one of the first companies we have seen who have chosen to bundle a DVD game, even though it's pretty boring.
Considering GeCube have the smallest box out of the three, it is far from small in the package - two full version games, some DVD software and the driver CD makes for quite a healthy package. Let's have a closer look at the card.
- The Card
This card is really exactly the same as the Power Color card. It follows the reference cooler design, which as we mentioned, is smaller then the cooler on the X800 from ASUS. What was a bit disappointing was the fact that GeCube don't even place a sticker or something identifying that the GeCube brand name.
The card cooler doesn't cover any of the memory chips which as we said isn't really a bad thing as they haven't attempted to cool half and then leave the other half with nothing. It is just a very clean card that follows the trusty ATI reference design.
So, that is the cards out the way. There was no denying that the cards are very similar and we are paying more attention to the package on offer here today. Although, with that said, let's see if there is any performance difference between all three.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 2 [Overview]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 3 [The Cards - ASUS X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 4 [The Cards - Power Color X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 5 [The Cards - GeCube X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality - Synthetics]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality - Real World Gaming]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 15 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard