At the end of all that you look at the results and realize that they are all pretty much the same. So, the question on everyone's mind is, "Which one is the best for me?" Well, that is going to come down to two things - How much do you want to spend and do you want those extra bits and pieces.
ASUS have the best bundle by far - Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Deus Ex: Invisible War, a cool webcam, CD case and more. These extras make ASUS stand out, not only in their X800 here today but all their products. As good as all these extras are - are you willing to pay extra for it? There is no denying that there are a specific group of people who buy ASUS, the people who don't mind spending a little bit more money to buy a brand they feel comfortable with, companies like MSI and Gigabyte are also in this group. Their product might not be any faster then the others but they feel comfortable with the name, enjoy the bigger bundle and know if something goes wrong warranty should be done with ease - Same story here.
Power Color has done quite a good job as well with their bundle but unfortunately it is only for a limited time. Power Color, unlike ASUS, has decided to use the standard heatsink but this isn't really a big deal. The Power Color card should be cheaper then the ASUS card but we won't really know for sure until some retail pricing of the ASUS X800 Pro hits the shelves.
GeCube on the other hand has gone for a basic package which far from makes the card worse then the others, but it is aimed at a different group of people. If you want to get an X800 Pro as cheap as possible, this is going to be one of your better option. GeCube's bundle isn't that bad - two full version games, DVD software and all your normal cables, it really isn't that much different to the Power Color option. Going from the Australian prices, the GeCube option is currently one of the cheapest X800 Pros on the market. If you want an X800 Pro that is going to perform like one $75 more expensive, then the GeCube is perfect. Though, if you're willing to spend that little bit more to get a bag or a web cam, you know what card is for you.
All the cards perform excellent in current games, even with maximum details set under Far Cry at 1280 x 1024. What you want from a card is going to be up to you, but you couldn't go wrong with any of the graphics which we've taken a look at here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 2 [Overview]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 3 [The Cards - ASUS X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 4 [The Cards - Power Color X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 5 [The Cards - GeCube X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality - Synthetics]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality - Real World Gaming]
- X800 Pro Comparison - Page 15 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance