ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre
Before the motherboards go much further along the line, they are checked very basically to ensure they actually work. "Got signal? Good, move on!"
We move onto another section of the factory - the basic testing area. In the first shot, you can see one of the environmental testing machines which ensure if the motherboard can operate at temperatures from 0 - 40C and a range of different humidified levels for an extended time from 24 - 96 hours.
ABIT mentioned soon these machines will be replaced with better environmental testing machines which are able to test between -40C and 70C. This just goes to show the extremes (literally) ABIT are going to so they can develop their brand name as a high quality and reliable motherboard provider.
In the shot above, the machines are tested under normal temperatures to ensure reliability. All motherboards which pass through this factory are tested for a minimum of 24 hours. In another area of the factory (which we didn't have time to visit), certain batches of ABIT motherboards are torture tested for a minimum of 130 hours to ensure reliability (there's that word again).
Before leaving the factory, a few of us sneaked into ABIT's R&D Centre to take a few happy snaps. A handful of employees did their best to look busy coming up with new ideas as we ventured into the smallish room to take a closer look at the operation.
I was quite intrigued by a sign on one of the walls (as pictured above), which said the following:
"Rule One: Customer is always right. Rule Two: When customer is not right, reread Rule One"
Yes, the reviewer is always right! The reviewer is always right! :)
We all gathered outside after a farewell from the ABIT staff and then moved onto the Kingston factory. The security guard did not move a muscle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 2 [ACON4 Final - Opening]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 3 [ACON4 Final - The Gamers]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 4 [ACON4 Final - Webmasters Staying Sane]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 5 [ACON4 Final - The Winners and Closing]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 6 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 7 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Storage and SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 8 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 9 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 10 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 11 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 12 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Testing and Packaging]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now