ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly
Once the PCB has cooled down, a factory worker manually checks over the motherboard to ensure the SMT machine a few stations earlier placed the ICs in the correct location.
Furthermore, a computer based check is also performed to ensure the ICs have been placed correctly. The machine above is able to detect if there is a problem and then alert staff.
Now we enter another part of the factory where various other components, such as PCI slots, are manually added to the motherboards. You can see the lady in the photo above scanning the motherboard. This allows ABIT factory employees to track any particular motherboard throughout the factory if it is required.
Here we can see ABIT's Japanese-made capacitors being placed on the motherboard. Throughout our trip, ABIT stressed their obvious moves to increase quality and reliability of their motherboards and one of the major ways to push this notion into action was by choosing to use more expensive and better quality Japanese-made capacitors which cost around one or two cents (USD) more per piece. When you're talking the quantity of production from a company like ABIT, that amount adds up quickly.
The final step before the motherboards pass through the solder machine is for the PCI slots to be placed on.
Here we see the motherboards passing through the solder wave machine which magically solders all the ICs and so forth to the motherboard.
Once the motherboard has passed through the wave solder machine, it is then cooled again.
This ladies job is to remove excess solder from the motherboards which may or may not be left behind by the machines earlier in production.
Quite a few different things are being placed on the motherboard here. The one thing we wanted to focus on was the applying of thermal paste, which you can see if you look carefully.
And here the Northbridge heatsink is being placed on the motherboard - the final component to be added before the testing begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 2 [ACON4 Final - Opening]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 3 [ACON4 Final - The Gamers]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 4 [ACON4 Final - Webmasters Staying Sane]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 5 [ACON4 Final - The Winners and Closing]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 6 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 7 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Storage and SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 8 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 9 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 10 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 11 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 12 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Testing and Packaging]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser dethrones 'Force Awakens' views
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs