ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly
Once the PCB has cooled down, a factory worker manually checks over the motherboard to ensure the SMT machine a few stations earlier placed the ICs in the correct location.
Furthermore, a computer based check is also performed to ensure the ICs have been placed correctly. The machine above is able to detect if there is a problem and then alert staff.
Now we enter another part of the factory where various other components, such as PCI slots, are manually added to the motherboards. You can see the lady in the photo above scanning the motherboard. This allows ABIT factory employees to track any particular motherboard throughout the factory if it is required.
Here we can see ABIT's Japanese-made capacitors being placed on the motherboard. Throughout our trip, ABIT stressed their obvious moves to increase quality and reliability of their motherboards and one of the major ways to push this notion into action was by choosing to use more expensive and better quality Japanese-made capacitors which cost around one or two cents (USD) more per piece. When you're talking the quantity of production from a company like ABIT, that amount adds up quickly.
The final step before the motherboards pass through the solder machine is for the PCI slots to be placed on.
Here we see the motherboards passing through the solder wave machine which magically solders all the ICs and so forth to the motherboard.
Once the motherboard has passed through the wave solder machine, it is then cooled again.
This ladies job is to remove excess solder from the motherboards which may or may not be left behind by the machines earlier in production.
Quite a few different things are being placed on the motherboard here. The one thing we wanted to focus on was the applying of thermal paste, which you can see if you look carefully.
And here the Northbridge heatsink is being placed on the motherboard - the final component to be added before the testing begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 2 [ACON4 Final - Opening]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 3 [ACON4 Final - The Gamers]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 4 [ACON4 Final - Webmasters Staying Sane]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 5 [ACON4 Final - The Winners and Closing]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 6 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 7 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Storage and SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 8 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 9 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 10 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 11 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 12 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Testing and Packaging]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines