I think I would be correct in saying all the editors on the ABIT sponsored trip to Shanghai, China for ACON4 and the factory tours had an interesting time and it was a great experience. While I won't be rushing back to China for the reasons mentioned in the introduction, overall the trip was positive.
ACON4 was our first global competition we've attended and it seemed to go quite well and will surely go along way to helping ABIT promote their products, especially as I know the TV crew from CCTV was in attendance.
The ABIT factory tour was quite interesting. I remember a few years ago back at my first Computex in Taipei when I toured the old ABIT factory in Taiwan - things haven't changed all that much along the assembly line. Although, it was interesting to note that the machines do their thing much quicker these days. The pace and precision the Surface Mount machines place the IC's on the motherboard is really incredible. It was obvious ABIT are employing as many new factory level methods as possible to help produce the ultimate quality and reliable motherboard for the end-user. I'm not sure what other motherboard manufacturers are doing to reduce their returns and increase overall quality, but I can tell you all that they have something to worry about as far as ABIT's intentions go in this department.
The Kingston factory was basically what I expected it would be. Their current factory is not very big and quite old. We were told that Kingston would be moving to a brand new facility by the end of the year which would enable them to increase their output capacity as well as conducting such tasks as sales and marketing from the same building. Thanks for the pizza guys! ;)
- You can find a lot of tour photos from around the Shanghai area in our Photo Gallery, here!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 2 [ACON4 Final - Opening]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 3 [ACON4 Final - The Gamers]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 4 [ACON4 Final - Webmasters Staying Sane]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 5 [ACON4 Final - The Winners and Closing]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 6 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 7 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Storage and SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 8 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 9 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 10 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 11 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 12 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Testing and Packaging]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Creative teams with Twitch on level up race in WoW
- Nintendo NX prototype was a tablet and docking station
- CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop