Last week ABIT hosted their worldwide gaming final called ACON4 in Shanghai, China. TweakTown was part of around 60 different media publications from around the world, along with the 18 gaming finalists, a bunch of ABIT staff and not to forget the sponsors.
To make the trip for media from Taiwan during Computex that little bit more worthwhile, ABIT organized factory tours of the ABIT owned Rolly Technology factory as well as the Kingston factory which are both located only a short while out of Shanghai where we were all based for the five days.
Shanghai was an interesting location to choose to hold the final for ACON4. You bring the entire population of Australia into one city many multiple times smaller, an almost 2:1 ratio of desperate salesman all trying to sell any westerner a fake Rolex or Omega watch at every corner, smog thick and dirty enough to give us all sore throats in no time, amazing traffic which sometimes just makes you put your hands over your eyes and a bunch of other things which would probably be best left unmentioned here. Suffice to say, by the end of our time in China, everyone was thrilled by the prospects of returning home.
Nevertheless, we made our way over to China from Taiwan during Computex for the ABIT ACON4 final (see our coverage of the Australian final, here) as well as stopping by the Rolly Technology and Kingston factories in our tour buses to learn the latest methods employed by both ABIT and Kingston to produce their current lines of motherboards and memory modules.
We'll cover each event in this article starting off with coverage of ACON4 final and then the ABIT and Kingston factory tours.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 2 [ACON4 Final - Opening]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 3 [ACON4 Final - The Gamers]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 4 [ACON4 Final - Webmasters Staying Sane]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 5 [ACON4 Final - The Winners and Closing]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 6 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 7 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Storage and SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 8 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Product Checks and Manual Assembly]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 9 [ABIT Factory Tour in Suzhou - Testing and R&D Centre]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 10 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Introduction]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 11 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - SMT]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 12 [Kingston Factory in Free Trade Zone - Testing and Packaging]
- Converging on Shanghai - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched