Desktop Test System
Our test took place at our suite at Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
We used Jon Coulter's RAID 0 Test System 2 for the test, so the tests are not compatible with our normal results from an ASUS Z87 ROG Extreme VI that resides back in our lab.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
Using ATTO at a queue depth of 4, we see that sequential read performance on our SM2256 R&D drive is over 560 MB/s. This is a bit higher than SMI's quoted 524 MB/s, but we suspect our test system is also a bit faster by way of optimizations and clock speeds.
SMI quoted sequential write speed at 400 MB/s and that's in line with what we achieved in this test, but the company could get away with claiming an additional 10 to 15 MB/s we feel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Silicon Motion SM2256 Controller]
- Page 3 [Toshiba A19 3-bit per cell TLC Flash & Shots Fired]
- Page 4 [Silicon Motion SM2256 256GB R&D Board]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni