nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
The 6800 Ultra is nVidia's new Bad Boy, with 16 pixel pipelines it is equivalent to the X800 XT on paper in this department. On the other hand, the 6800 Ultra core is only clocked at 400MHz, which is over 100MHz slower then the X800XT. We will see if this impacts performance much considering it is even lower then the X800 Pro which is handicapped with less pipelines, as discussed.
When we come to looking at the memory, the 6800 Ultra reference sample we were sent from nVidia uses the same memory found on the X800 Pro - Samsung 2.0ns DDR3. The particular modules are rated for 500MHz (or 1000MHz DDR) which means ATI is running them under specification. What is interesting is that nVidia are running the modules at 550MHz (or 1100MHz DDR) which is well and truly over specification.
One feature that nVidia is trying to push on their latest cards is Pixel Shader 3.0 (or PS 3.0 for short). PS 3.0 will bring us closer to cinematic gaming and while there aren't any games we can benchmark PS 3.0 with, there is talk that Ubisoft will have a patch for Far Cry in the not too distant future to support it. Among Far Cry, nVidia also have a number of games that are coming out this year that will utilize this technology. At this stage none of ATI's X800 cards support PS 3.0.
Unlike the X800 Pro, this is a reference card directly from nVidia which came in an extremely cool looking briefcase.
Before we get onto our benchmarks, let's have a quick look at some of the pictures we have of the 6800 Ultra:
Let's have a look at how the #2 from ATI holds up against the #1 from nVidia.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 2 [The Cards - Radeon X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 3 [The Cards - GeForce 6800 Ultra]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Synthetics]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality Real World Gaming]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni